| Chris Grayling |
|Born||Christopher Stephen Grayling|
|Alma mater||Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge)|
|Spouse||Susan Clare Dillistone|
|Party||Conservative, Social Democrat|
Chris Grayling is a British Conservative Party politician who, since July 2016, is Secretary of State for Transport.
Grayling was first elected to Parliament in the 2001 General Election for Epsom and Ewell, Grayling was appointed to the Shadow Cabinet of David Cameron in 2005 as Shadow Secretary of State for Transport. From 2007 he became the Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, and in 2009 was appointed Shadow Home Secretary. Following the 2010 General Election and the formation of the Coalition Government, Grayling was made Minister of State at the Department for Work and Pensions.
In September 2012, Chris Grayling was appointed to the Cabinet in a reshuffle, replacing Kenneth Clarke as the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice. He was the first non-lawyer to have served as Lord Chancellor for at least 440 years. (It was reported that the last such non-lawyer was the Earl of Shaftesbury in 1672–3; but the Earl was admitted to Lincoln's Inn in 1638.)
- Westminster Diet and Health Forum - patron
- The Obesity Awareness and Solutions Trust - former parliamentary patron
- "Her Majesty's Government". Number10.gov.uk. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 13 November 2010.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- "Queen's speech sketch: ceremony changes". scotsman.com.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- "COOPER, Sir Anthony Ashley, 2nd Bt. (1621-83), of Wimborne St. Giles, Dorset and The Close, Salisbury, Wilts". historyofparliamentonline.org.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "CSS").
- Full list of new cabinet ministers and other government appointments, guardian.co.uk, 13 May 2010.
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|