Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba
| Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba |
|Born||Abdul Hamid Mohammed Dabaiba|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
Prime Minister of Libya from March 2021, and candidate for President
Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba is the Prime Minister of Libya's Government of National Unity.
On 5 February 2021, Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba was designated as Prime Minister of the country during the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF) when he ran on a joint ticket with Mohamed al-Menfi as President and Musa al-Koni and Abdallah al-Lafi as Vice Presidents.
Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba was born in 1959 in the Western city of Misrata. He lived in Canada while studying and graduating with a master's degree in engineering at the University of Toronto. He returned to Misrata during a construction boom, gaining the trust of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who appointed him as head of the Libyan Investment and Development Company (LIDCO), the state-owned construction firm.
In 2020, Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba founded Libya al-Mustakbal (Libya Future) Movement. He is described as a pro-Erdoğan politician, having close relations to Turkey.
He is a candidate in the 2021 Libyan presidential election.
On 15 December 2022, The Libya Observer tweeted:
- In an address to the nation, Libyan Prime Minister Abdel Hamid Dbeibah said that Abu Agila Masud, the Libyan national accused of being involved in the Lockerbie bombing, is a suspect in terrorist activities for killing more than 270 innocent people in one operation.
- Dbeibah added: "After being classified as a terrorist and an arrest warrant issued against him, it was our duty to extradite him to clear our country of terrorism."
|Document:Justice for Megrahi - Black's lies matter||Letter||18 April 2021||Patrick Haseldine||Don't let Suppressor Black mess up again at the UK/Supreme Court: much better to employ an English lawyer such as Gareth Peirce with a proven track record of success (Guildford Four, Birmingham Six etc.)|
|Document:Justice for Megrahi is gonna happen!||Letter||14 April 2021||Patrick Haseldine||Aamer Anwar said: "I have no doubt that the new democratic Libyan Government headed by Abdul Hamid al-Dabaiba will support this final appeal for justice on behalf of the Al-Megrahi family and help in our efforts to prove the innocence of Libya and its people."|
- ↑ "Libya's Dabaiba: Women to make up 15% of proposed government"
- ↑ "UN-led Libya forum selects new interim government"
- ↑ "Abdul Hamid Dbeibah: Who is Libya’s new prime minister?"
- ↑ "Libyans Who Looted Gaddafi’s Graft-Ridden Development Fund Banked at Credit Suisse"
- ↑ "Erdogan’s Sinister Game In Libya: Construction Corruption"
- ↑ "Abu Agila Masud accused of being involved in the Lockerbie bombing"
- ↑ "Our duty to extradite Masud"
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here