William H. Schaap
| William H. Schaap |
|Born||March 1, 1940|
|Died||February 25, 2016 (Age 75)|
|Founder of||CovertAction Quarterly|
William Herman Schaap was an American lawyer, co-founder of the CovertAction Information Bulletin, and director of the Institute for Media Analysis.
He was born in Brooklyn to Maurice and Leah (née Lerner) Schaap. Dick Schaap was his older brother. He graduated from Cornell University, and from University of Chicago Law School in 1964. Most of Schaap's legal career was spent representing activists, protesters, and whistleblowers. He also advised conscientious objectors to the Vietnam War while working in Germany and Japan.
- “Half a Billion Allocated: The CIA Chooses a New Contra Leader”. CovertAction Information Bulletin, No. 26, Summer 1986. pp. 25–26. Full issue available.
- “The Modern Mithridates: Vernon Walters: Crypto-Diplomat and Terrorist”. CovertAction Information Bulletin, No. 26, Summer 1986. pp. 3–8. Full issue available.
- “Filipino Refugee Secretly Tapes CIA Recruiting Pitch”. Co-authored with Ellen Ray. CovertAction Information Bulletin, No. 39, Winter 1991. pp. 58–62. Full issue available.
- CIA Covert Operations with William Schaap. An interview with Our Hidden History. (2016)
- “Radical Lawyer, Author and Publisher William Schaap Dies.“ Democracy Now!, March 4, 2016. Archived from the original.
- “Testimony of Mr. William Schaap, attorney, military and intelligence specialization, co-publisher Covert Action Quarterly, on the role of the U.S. Government in the assassination of Martin Luther King MLK Conspiracy Trial Transcript, Vol. 9.” November 30, 1999.
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here
A Document by William H. Schaap