Here too, logged out I can only see "Fearporn" listed under Examples. Logged in I see all others ("Indian rivers swollen with bodies", "The pictures from Italy", Hart Island, “Refrigerated morgue trucks”). FI -- Sunvalley (talk) 17:02, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
Is Media Manipulation = Propaganda? The meanings are so close that if we keep these as separate concepts, it would be good to clearly summarise their relationship on those pages. -- Robin (talk) 17:33, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
- I see there is also a 2016 Brussels Bombing/Media manipulation. Keeping Media manipulation as a separate category might get the point more across to 'normies'. I am fine either way.
01:52, 9 November 2021 (UTC)---
These COVID articles within parentheses seem to be lacking the instruction of the style guide to give clear names. I'd suggest renaming them to "COVID-19/Media Manipulation/Country because of two things; 1. You'll prob keep adding examples and run out of namesakes. 2. It doesn't fit the style guide for circular traffic e.g the Indian example doesn't appear prominent on the page of India, as the SMW isn't triggered for this COVID-related event in his hcard, only at the bottom of the page. --Jun (talk) 23:22, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
- Just ending the page '/India' wouldn't make it appear on the India page with the current set up, since that uses the infobox information. But we could make this happen using that, if needed. -- Robin (talk) 12:51, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
- They are separate media events that are broader than just one country. I thought fictional events (i.e. pure propaganda) should be in "brackets". IMO the event article headlines are very descriptive, The pictures from Italy,The Storming of the Reichstag, etc. 2021 Washington D.C. Riots is a separate article, not part of Washington DC. It won't be that many more examples.
- I'm not sure whether this is clearly stated in the policy, but past best practice seems to have been to wait before splitting meanings. This allows multiple examples to accrue, which helps when trying to split off an appropriately sized sub-meaning...
- As against this, Propaganda is already very broad. I think the first appearance of "Media Manipulation" is 2016 Brussels Bombing/Media manipulation, about two forged videos. Forgery is a quite distinct part of propaganda, so I see the value in having it separate. Then again, the phrase "Media Manipulation" is rather general, so it would include, say, the Guardian's cropping of the photo of Andrew Windsor and Virginia Roberts.
- So, no conclusions about whether to rename this yet. Actually the whole COVID-19 hierarchy could do with a tidy, trim some of the older less relevant material. I wouldn't recommend subpages from this page unless we're agreed that "COVID-19/Media Manipulation" is good name. -- Robin (talk) 12:44, 19 November 2021 (UTC)