Salman Ramadan Abedi|
31 December 1994
|Alma mater||Salford University|
|Supposed perpetrator of||2017 Manchester bombing|
Salman Abedi was named by Greater Manchester Police as the suicide bomb suspect for the 22 May 2017 Manchester bombing which killed 23 and injured 139. A 22-year-old local man of Libyan ancestry, Salman Abedi was one of a number of British citizens evacuated from a dangerous situation in Tripoli by the British military in August 2014, but continued to make regular visits to his family in Libya.
His father Ramadan Abedi and younger brother Hashem Abedi were detained in Libya. In August 2017, the BBC reported that Hashem Abedi was to be tried in Libya over his suspected role in the attack, while the father Ramadan Abedi had been released.
Salman Abedi was known to the security services and had just returned from Libya. On 24 May 2017, a school friend told The Times:
- "He went to Libya three weeks ago and came back recently, like days ago."
- "One of terrorist leader Abdelhakim Belhadj's mentally challenged freedom warriors blew himself up in the middle of women and children in Manchester. These are the drugged animals UK and NATO stupidly gave political and military support in February 2011. And you didn't see this coming?!?"
Jim Rodden added:
- This ties in with my thoughts about how quickly the police identified the bomber, also, how they were quick to make arrests the next day. No wonder Amber Rudd was annoyed with the yanks for letting his name out, they all bloody knew who he was beforehand.
Parents back home in Libya
Salman Abedi's mother, Samia Tabbal, 50, and father, Ramadan Abedi, a security officer, were both born in Tripoli but appear to have emigrated to London in the early 1980s before moving to the Whalley Range area of south Manchester where they had lived for at least a decade. Abedi went to school locally and then on to Salford University in 2014 where he studied business management before dropping out.
A family friend told The Independent Abedi and his brother, Ismail, remained in the UK when their parents returned to Libya with the rest of the family following Gaddafi’s overthrow, but travelled back and forth to the war-torn country.
A group of Gaddafi dissidents, who were members of the outlawed Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), lived within close proximity to Abedi in Whalley Range. Among them was Abd al-Baset Azzouz, a father-of-four from Manchester, who left Britain to run a terrorist network in Libya overseen by Ayman al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden’s successor as leader of Al Qaeda. Azzouz, 48, an expert bomb-maker, was accused of running an Al Qaeda network in eastern Libya. The Telegraph reported in 2014 that Azzouz had 200 to 300 militants under his control and was an expert in bomb-making.
Another member of the Libyan community in Manchester, Salah Aboaoba told Channel 4 News in 2011 that he had been fund raising for LIFG while in the city. Aboaoba had claimed he had raised funds at Didsbury mosque, the same mosque attended by Abedi. The mosque at the time vehemently denied the claim. “This is the first time I’ve heard of the LIFG. I do not know Salah,” a mosque spokesman said at the time.
|Document:Importing Jihadi Terror to the UK – Cui Bono||blog post||25 September 2018||Craig Murray||Importing the White Helmets into the UK is obviously nuts if your purpose is to minimise jihadi activity in the UK|
|Document:MI6, Theresa May and the Manchester attack||Article||30 May 2017||Jonathan Cook||And so the story of MI6 and Theresa May, their sponsorship of Islamic jihadism, and the likely “blowback” the UK just experienced in Manchester is a sleeping dog no one seems willing to disturb.|
|Document:Manchester Alleged Suicide Bomber Linked to Libya Islamic Fighting Group||Article||24 May 2017||Tony Cartalucci||The British government is directly responsible for the Manchester Arena bombing. It had foreknowledge of LIFG’s existence and likely its activities within British territory and not only failed to act, but appears to have actively harboured this community of extremists for its own geopolitical and domestic agenda.|
|Document:Manchester atrocity: UK government must come clean about its relationship with Libyan Islamists||Article||6 June 2017||Mohamed El-Doufani||The perpetrator of the Manchester atrocity, British-born Libyan Salman al-Abedi, 22, is largely the product of the policy pursued by successive British governments – Conservative and Labour – towards Libya.|
|Document:Theresa May's personal role in facilitating terror attacks||video||5 June 2017||Dan Glazebrook||Theresa May and her Cabinet are complicit in murder. They are war criminals. If the principles established by the Nuremberg Tribunal after World War II were applied, they would be hung.|
- "Manchester suicide bomber named by police"
- "Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi was rescued by Royal Navy before he carried out attack"
- "Ismail Abedi: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know"
- "Brother of Manchester bomber Salman Abedi released without charge"
- "Rebels living in England claim UK government let them travel to Libya to fight Gaddafi - even though they were subject to counter-terrorism orders - as investigators probe Abedi's visits to Tripoli"
- "Manchester bomber's brother faces trial in Libya"
- "Libyan extremist accused of delaying extradition of Manchester terror suspect until MI6 torture case is resolved"
- "Everything we know about Salman Abedi, named as the Manchester suicide bomber"
- "Salman Abedi: One of terrorist leader Abdelhakim Belhadj's mentally challenged 'freedom warriors'"
- "No wonder Amber Rudd was annoyed with the yanks for letting his name out"
- "Salman Abedi 'travelled to Syria and Libya' before carrying out Manchester attack"
- "British-Libyan detained by Gaddafi"
|Born on||December 31, 1994 +|
|Display born on||31 December 1994 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Salman_Abedi.jpg +|
|Display lifespan||Born 31 December 1994 +|
|Has almaMater||University of Salford +|
|Has bilderbergCount||0 +|
|Has birthPlace||Manchester +|
|Has cercleCount||0 +|
|Has fullPageName||Salman Abedi +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Salman_Abedi +|
|Has image2||File:Salman_Abedi.jpg +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has revisionSize||6,326 +|
|Has revisionUser||Patrick Haseldine +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|ON constitutes||"Islamic terrorist" +|