| Oliver North |
(deep politician, spook)
Lt. Col. Oliver North is sworn in on July 7, 1987, before the congressional committee investigating the Iran-contra affair.
|Born||Oliver Lawrence North|
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
|Member of||The Enterprise|
|Interest of||Our Hidden History|
Carried the can for the Iran-Contra affair.
Oliver L. North, a Marine lieutenant colonel assigned to the National Security Council staff beginning in 1981 until he was fired on November 25, 1986, was the White House official most directly involved in what the corporate media dubbed 'The Iran-Contra Affair'.
- Full article: “Iran-Contra”
- Full article: “Iran-Contra”
In 1982, under the alias of 'John Cathey', North recruited Terry Reed to raise money and secure airplanes for the Nicaraguan Contras. Reed, an accomplished pilot, later trained about 24 Nicaraguan pilots at a rural airstrip at Nella, Arkansas. Reed blew the whistle after discovering the drug trafficking component of The Enterprise's Iran-Contra plan.
North, who was deputy director of political-military affairs, reported many of his activities to his superiors, US National Security Adviser Robert C. McFarlane and later John M. Poindexter. He claimed to have taken much of his direction from Central Intelligence Agency Director William Casey.
- "From what I've been reading/watching/listening to it seems that Ollie North gave the order to P2 and the South Africans carried it out. Olof Palme knew too much about Iran-Contra. It seems that North spoke with him shortly before he died, which means that he most probably told him some secret stuff.
- "The case has remarkable parallels to that of Terry Reed, who also knew too much and who was very nearly silenced. What they (North, Bush etc.) couldn't afford to be made public was that Bill Clinton was a key player in the game. This would have made his presidency impossible.
- "I haven't read Terry Reed's 'Compromised' yet but I have a vague memory of him saying in an interview that Ollie North, with whom he dealt personally, gave the order to kill Palme."
|George Carlin||“An interesting kind of, you know a real rat, it would be nice to see him run over by a truck. but he makes life interesting. These people make my life interesting. (...) I can’t help but marvel at the Leona Helmsleys and the Oliver North and the Donald Trumps and the Zsa Zsa Gabors and the Bess Myerson’s and all these people who managed to get themselves in these ridiculous situations. I am very entertained by the world.”||George Carlin||1989|
|George Carlin||“(in New York) I really haven't seen this many people in one place since they took the group photographs of all the criminals and lawbreakers in the Ronald Reagan Administration. Two-hundred and twenty-five of 'em, so far! 225 different people in the Ronald Reagan administration have either quit, been fired, arrested, indicted, or convicted of either breaking the law or violating the ethics code! These are the same people who were elected with the help of the moral majority. Elected with the help of the moral majority and the Teamsters union. That's a good combination! Organized religion and organized crime working together to help build a better America.”||George Carlin|
|Michael Levine||“I have put thousands of Americans away for tens of thousands of years for less evidence for conspiracy with less evidence than is available against Ollie North and CIA people... I personally was involved in a deep-cover case that went to the top of the drug world in three countries. The CIA killed it.”||Michael Levine||8 October 1996|
Event Participated in
|Symposium on the Role of Special Operations in US Strategy for the 1980s||4 March 1983||5 March 1983||Spooky conference attended by the US MICC|