|A famous leak of documents from Le Cercle by a respected senior BND officer.|
|Type||collection of reports|
|Exposed by||Hans Langemann|
Hans Langemann's revelations fit in the bigger picture of BND's internal opposition to the supranational rightwing intelligence network 'Le Cercle'. Strauß, a key figure of 'Le Cercle' is quoted by his son Max Strauß: "He hated Langemann". Langemann's papers and tapes countered many of the known goals of 'Le Cercle': it touched on Strauß' connection to the Vatican (Opus Dei), his weapons deals, machinations to destabilize left wing governments like Olaf Palme, Kreisky and Willy Brandt and mentioned support for right wing paramilitary groups.
- December 1, 1979 - Madison Hotel, Washington, U.S.
- January 5-6, 1980 - Zurich, Switzerland
BND and Vatican
- The German secret service BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst) spied on the Vatican (operation "EVA 102") and
- Vienna Archbishop Franz König ("Aktion Kardinal")
BND and USA
- The BND spied on US president Richard Nixon ("Der Fall Monica II")
- German agents stole documents from US archives which indicted Bundeskanzler Kurt-Georg Kiesinger (1966-1969) for Nazi crimes
Spying on Willy Brandt
- Langemann was BND-Führer of agent Susanne Sievers, who told the story about her affair with Willy Brandt in an immediately prohibited book: Da war auch ein Mädchen. Brandt was a target for destabilisation because of his overture to 'the other Germany' through Ostpolitik. Susanne Sievers made a quick career in the BND and was paid off to the tune of 320,000 DeutscheMarks after quitting the job.
Oktoberfest Bombing 1980
- The papers also revealed details about secret police reports about rightwing organizations involved in the 1980 Oktoberfest Bombing in Munich (see also Operation Gladio).
German arms deals
- The BND supported German companies' arms deals, at a time when Germany wanted to hide these deals because of its Nazi past.
The Langemann papers are quoted extensively in:
|Description||A famous leak of documents from Le Cercle by a respected senior BND officer. +|
|Display date||1982 +|
|Display docType||report +|
|Display image||File:Publication.png +|
|Has documentType||report +|
|Has fullPageName||Langemann Papers +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Langemann_Papers +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Publication +|
|Has objectClass2||Publication +|
|Has publicationDate||1982 +|
|Has revisionSize||2,763 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Sourced from||Le Cercle +|