Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||September 17, 1947|
In November 2006, Muravchik called for a bomb attack on Iran:
- If Tehran establishes dominance in the region, then the battlefield might move to Southeast Asia or Africa or even parts of Europe, as the mullahs would try to extend their sway over other Muslim peoples. In the end, we would no doubt win, but how long this contest might last and what toll it might take are anyone's guess.
- The only way to forestall these frightening developments is by the use of force. Not by invading Iran as we did Iraq, but by an air campaign against Tehran's nuclear facilities.
- American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus - Member
- American Enterprise Institute
- Committee on the Present Danger
- Coalition for a Democratic Majority - Executive Director (1977-1979)
- Freedom House Board of Trustees
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs
- Journal of Democracy - Member, Editorial Board
- Henry Jackson Society Project for Democratic Geopolitics - International Patron
- Orbis - Member, Editorial Board
- Project for the New American Century
- New Atlantic Initiative - International Advisory Board
- Committee for the Liberation of Iraq
- Institute of World Politics
- Social Democrats USA Advisory council
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy - Adjunct Scholar (1986-current)
- World Affairs Journal - Member, Editorial Board
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights - Member, Maryland State Advisory Committee (1985-1997)
- Commission on Broadcasting to the People’s Republic of China - Member (1992)
- Rightweb Profile
- George McGovern, Dennis Kucinich and Joshua Muravchik, Out of Iraq or More Troops? A Debate on Withdrawal, Democracy Now, November 15, 2006
Event Participated in
|Democracy & Security International Conference||5 June 2007||6 June 2007||Czech Republic|
- Joshua Muravchik, Bomb Iran, Los Angeles Times, 19 November 2006.
... more about "Joshua Muravchik"