| John Carbaugh|
(lawyer, spook, deep state functionary, arms dealer)
|Died||19 March 2006 (Age 60)|
Cleveland Clinic, USA
Cause of death
|Member of||Le Cercle|
Cercle attendee linked to political double dealing, arms deals and Iran-Contra.
John E. Carbaugh Jr. was a lawyer and deep state operative, who - like several fellow attendees of Le Cercle had connections to the arms trade.
His obituary in the Washington Times described him as "a lawyer and conservative activist who played an influential role behind the scenes in Washington politics".
He was also a "foreign-policy and national-security aide" first to Strom Thurmond (1972-74) then to Jesse Helms (1974-1982).
Carbaugh worked for GeoMiliTech Consultants Corporation, an arms dealing group involved in Iran-Contra.
Deep political connections
He attended Le Cercle. He was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
The Washington Post reported that he died "at the Cleveland Clinic. He had a brain aneurysm and a staph infection."
Event Participated in
|Le Cercle/1984 (Bonn)||5 July 1984||7 July 1984||Germany|
|Held in Bonn, West Germany, the list of the 36 visitors was published online in 2011.|
- ↑ a b http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/mar/22/20060322-111957-5926r/
- ↑ a b https://books.google.com.bd/books?id=6ugCAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA42&lpg=PA42&dq=John+E.+Carbaugh+Jr&source=bl&ots=q6px55ctbb&sig=DMs3nz7bGTqwQyM_AwHM6XR0pEU&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=John%20E.%20Carbaugh%20Jr&f=false
- ↑ http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=geomilitech_consultants_corporation
- ↑ http://www.cfr.org/afghanistan/afghanistan-we-losing-peace/p6055
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301950.html