|Date||7 November 2022 - 18 November 2022|
|Description||Global climate change conference. The CCM highlight of 2022.|
COP27 was originally expected to take place from 8-20 November 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, COP26 was rescheduled from November 2020 to November 2021. As a result, COP27 was delayed by one year.
UK cop out
On Friday afternoon 28 October 2022, The Guardian reported:
King Charles will not attend the COP27 summit, Downing Street has said, as it is not the “right occasion” for him to do so. The former Prime Minister Liz Truss had asked the king not to attend the summit, and her successor, Rishi Sunak, has left it in place, No 10 confirmed.
On 2 November 2022, Number 10 announced:
The Prime Minister has reversed an earlier decision not to go to the COP27 climate summit in Egypt.
No 10 had said Rishi Sunak was too busy preparing for the 17 November budget to attend the event which opens on Sunday.
But this had been widely criticised by climate campaigners, opposition parties and climate adviser Alok Sharma.
- "That's why I will attend COP27 next week - to deliver on Glasgow's legacy of building a secure, clean and sustainable future," he told MPs during Prime Minister's Questions.
1.5ºC target on ‘life support’
“Many of us came here to safeguard the outcomes that we secured in Glasgow, and to go further still.
“In our attempts to do that, we have had a series of very challenging conversations over the past few days.
“Indeed those of us who came to Egypt to keep 1.5ºC alive, and to respect what every single one of us agreed to in Glasgow, have had to fight relentlessly to hold the line.
“We have had to battle to build on one of the key achievements of Glasgow. We joined with many Parties to propose a number of measures that would have contributed to this.
- "Emissions peaking before 2025, as the science tells us is necessary. Not in this text.
- “Clear follow-through on the phase down of coal. Not in this text.
- "A clear commitment to phase out all fossil fuels. Not in this text.
- “And the energy text, weakened, in the final minutes.
“Friends, I said in Glasgow that the pulse of 1.5ºC was weak.
“Unfortunately, it remains on life support.
“And all of us need to look ourselves in the mirror, and consider if we have fully risen to that challenge over the past two weeks.”
|Document:Charles' Empire - the Royal Reset Riddle||Article||9 September 2022||Winter Oak||Charles and his ruling class collaborators have to dress up their insidious Great Reset agenda as “doing good”, as “philanthropy” or “conservation”, because they know that otherwise the rest of us would not go along with it.|
|Document:The dirty secret Europe is hiding at the COP27 climate summit||Article||16 November 2022||Jonathan Cook||Grand declarations at COP27 on tackling the climate emergency are sabotaged by the Energy Charter Treaty from the 1990s that sees European nations held to ransom by the energy companies|
|Document:Up to King Charles whether he wishes to attend COP27||Article||28 October 2022||Geneva Abdul||King Charles will not attend the COP27 summit, Downing Street has said, as it is not the “right occasion” for him to do so. The former Prime Minister Liz Truss had asked the king not to attend the summit, and her successor, Rishi Sunak, has left it in place, No 10 confirmed in the afternoon of 28 October 2022. Sunak had already decided not to attend COP27.|
- "UN Climate Change Conference 2022 (UNFCCC COP 27)"
- "Document:Up to King Charles whether he wishes to attend COP27"
- "King Charles to support COP27 'from afar' after decision not to attend"
- "Rishi Sunak is now going to COP27 climate summit"
- "1.5C target on ‘life support’ after COP27, says Alok Sharma"