| Alberto Gonzales |
(lawyer, war criminal)
|Born||Alberto R. Gonzales|
San Antonio, Texas
|Alma mater||Rice University, Harvard Law School|
|At large as of August 2016|
| • Torture|
• Cruel Inhumane and Degrading Treatment
A "woefully incompetent" US Attorney General
Alberto Gonzales is a former US Attorney General in the George W. Bush administration. Termed "Fundamentally dishonest" and "woefully incompetent", he was named #3 (after Dick Cheney and Karl Rove of a list of "The Top 43 Appointees Who Helped Make Bush The Worst President Ever". 
He signed off on the US use of torture and was an architect of the legal facade to try to excuse the "war on terror". In 2012 he was tried and found guilty of crimes against humanity (Torture and Cruel, Inhumane and Degrading Treatment) by the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission.
Testifying to the US Senate Judiciary Committee Gonzales stated “I don’t recall” or similar phrases 64 times in one day — a performance so memorable that it has since been set to music as a cantata.
- ↑ a b http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/01/17/34948/bush-43-worst/
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/30/AR2007083000995.html
- ↑ http://criminalisewar.org/press-release-bush-and-associates-found-guilty-of-torture/
- ↑ http://www.rawstory.com/2009/10/cheney-cannot-recall-plame-outing/