| Adnan Khashoggi |
25 July 1935|
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
6 June 2017 (Age 81)|
• Nabila Khashoggi
• Mohammad Khashoggi|
• Samira Ahmed
• Samira Khashoggi|
• Soheir Khashoggi
• Dodi Fayed
• Jamal Khashoggi
|Interest of||Ronald Kessler|
Adnan Khashoggi was born in Mecca, the son of Mohammad Khashoggi, who was King Abdul Aziz Al Saud's personal doctor. His family is of Turkish origin. Adnan Khashoggi's sister was author Samira Khashoggi who married businessman Mohamed Al-Fayed and was the mother of Dodi Fayed. Another sister, Soheir Khashoggi, is a well-known Arab writer (Mirage, Nadia's Song, Mosaic). Adnan Khashoggi was the uncle of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who is believed to have been murdered at the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on 2 October 2018.
Yacht sold to Donald Trump
In 1988, Khashoggi sold his $90million superyacht Nabila to US businessman Donald Trump. Forced to sell it for a mere $30 million, Khashoggi did not want Trump to keep the name Nabila, because it was his daughter’s name. Trump had no intention, ever, of keeping the name. He had already decided to rename it the Trump Princess. But for some reason Khashoggi thought Trump meant to retain the name, and he knocked a million dollars off the asking price to ensure the name change. Accepting the deduction, Trump said:
- “Khashoggi was a great broker and a lousy businessman. He understood the art of bringing people together and putting together a deal better than almost anyone — all the bullshitting part, of talk and entertainment — but he never knew how to invest his money. If he had put his commissions into a bank in Switzerland, he’d be a rich man today, but he invested it, and he made lousy choices.”
An event carried out
|Document:The Global Drugs Meta-Group||article||October 2005||Peter Dale Scott|
- David Leigh and Rob Evans (7 June 2007). "Biography: Adnan Khashoggi". The Guardian. London: Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 29 January 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "About the Bin Laden family". PBS. Retrieved 26 February 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Adnan Khashoggi Net Worth". Therichest.com. 25 July 1935. Retrieved 6 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Ponton, Rebecca. "Soheir Khashoggi: Success Is No Mirage". Woman Abroad Magazine. Sept/Oct 2001 (7). Retrieved 7 June 2017.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi is a nephew of a billionaire arms dealer and second cousin of Princess Diana's lover Dodi Fayed"
- "The story of Donald Trump's superyacht: The Trump Princess"
- "Khashoggi’s Fall"