| Greg Rowett |
(deep state functionary?)
|Born||Gregory John Spencer Rowett|
21 January 1994
|Alma mater||University of Reading, University of Nottingham|
|Member of||Institute for Statecraft, Institute for Statecraft/Tor team, Integrity Initiative|
|Interests|| • Climate Change|
• “Russian Propaganda”
• Cold War II
"Information warfare specialist" at the Institute For Statecraft
Greg Rowett's LinkedIn profile declares him a "Fellow at the Institute For Statecraft, specialist in information warfare, strategic environmental impacts, governance." In May 2018, he was "to start code of conduct doc to include basic info on passwords and etiquette with social media etc".
Personally, I want to
- Expand personal skillset
- Focus on expanding my knowledge of the dynamics of online information warfare
- Link knowledge of information warfare to other aspects of Hybrid warfare and the strategic conflict.
- Begin working on drawing other experts into discussions of how subversive attacks using morally and politically unacceptable (from a western democratic perspective) can be best countered by a democratic institution, without tainting itself
- Take a guiding role in YACUK and ACUK, the YATA and ATA chapters for the UK. I believe both these institutions can be developed into aspects that the II can use in several ways.
Another his skills:
Specialist in Russian use of Social Media as a mechanism for influence and disinformation;
specialist in Social Media exploitation and counter-strategy; environmental expert, paying special attention to Russian information exploitation of the environmental lobby; working with the Institute’s
youth programme for informational discernment education.
Simon Bracey Lane reported in a Balkans Trip Report from December 2017 that Greg Rowett “spoke well and hit all the IfS points: peacetime mentality during war/Russian vocab all based on warfare/rate of change in society dramatic/need for universal glossary. Algorithms key – we need to start gaming these algorithms and put pressure onto the companies hosting these disinformation campaigns. Deliver message that we're willing and able to push back.” 
|Integrity Initiative/Secrecy||“Code of Conduct (Greg to commence with internet etiquette)|
Anonymity of the team remains paramount. As our activity increases we will, no doubt, attract unwanted attention.”
|30 May 2018|
|Integrity Initiative/Secrecy||“* Chris Donnelly makes initial country introduction with nominated trusted 'coordinator' & relevant II team member/s (normally 2 members minimum per country)
||30 May 2018|
- Integrity/Initiative/Leak/2 Balkans Trip Report SBL.pdf, December 2017