Rabobank is a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Utrecht, Netherlands. It is a global leader in food and agriculture financing and sustainability-oriented banking. The group comprises 89 local Dutch Rabobanks (2019), a central organisation (Rabobank Nederland), and many specialised international offices and subsidiaries. Food and agribusiness constitute the primary international focus of the Rabobank Group. Rabobank is the second-largest bank in the Netherlands in terms of total assets.
The organisation is among the 30 largest financial institutions in the world. As of December 2014, total assets amount to €681 billion.
Blocking funds to customers who spread conspiracy theories
In August 2021, Rabobank no longer accepts customers who spread "conspiracy theories and other proven disinformation". The bank does this not because conspiracy theorists are in any way breaking the law, but because the bank (interestingly a partner of the World Economic Forum) sees their actions as "harmful". Money flows from this type of organization are additionally screened by banks based on the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act.
The decision comes as a part of a general deep state offensive against COVID critics. Doctor Els van Veen responds: “There is a media offensive/information war going on against 'fake news'. And of course everything that does not fit into the government's corona street is fake.”
A similar extrajudicial process is seen with the payment provider Paypal and in Germany, where independent media have been blocked from banking services.
The board members list (above) is from the 2021 board, the 2008 board, and some others.
A 2013 scandal resulted in a $1 billion fine for unscrupulous trading practices, which included the manipulation of LIBOR currency rates worldwide. Chief Executive Piet Moerland resigned immediately as a result.
3 of the 29 of the participants already have pages here:
|Louise Fresco||Dutch scientist and writer known for her work on globally sustainable food production.|
|John MacGregor||Given responsibility for the privatisation of British Rail|
|Herman Wijffels||Dutch economist politician|
- ↑ http://www.rabobank.com/content/about_us
- ↑ https://thebanks.eu/articles/major-banks-in-the-Netherlands
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/partners
- ↑ https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2021/08/17/de-complotdenker-bankiert-maar-elders-zegt-de-bank-a4055125
- ↑ https://www.ninefornews.nl/banken-blokkeren-rekeningen-van-complotdenkers-antivaxers-dit-is-er-geworden-van-nederland/
- ↑ https://www.rabobank.com/en/about-rabobank/profile/organisation/board/index.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080327073620/http://www.rabobank.com/content/about_us/management/Supervisory_Board.jsp
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/us-rabobank-libor-idUSBRE99S0L520131029