| John Battelle |
|Born||November 4, 1965|
|Alma mater||University of California (Berkeley)|
|Member of||NewsGuard, WEF/Global Leaders for Tomorrow/2001, WEF/Young Global Leaders/2005|
Helped launch Wired in the 1990s. Young Global Leaders. On the Advisory Board of the CIA-front NewsGuard
John Linwood Battelle  is an entrepreneur, author and journalist. Best known for his work creating media properties, Battelle helped launch Wired in the 1990s and launched The Industry Standard during the dot-com boom. In 2005, he founded the online advertising network Federated Media Publishing. In January 2014, Battelle sold Federated Media Publishing's direct sales business to LIN Media and relaunched the company's programmatic advertising business from Lijit Networks to Sovrn Holdings.
Battelle is the executive chairman of Sovrn Holdings and NewCo, as well as board director at LiveRamp and [[Chute].
In 2019, Battelle and John Heilemann launched Recount Media, a video-focused media outlet, with Battelle as CEO and Heilemann as executive editor.
Batelle was selected a Global Leaders for Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum in 2001 and again in the continuation program Young Global Leaders in 2005.
He is on the Advisory Board of the CIA-front NewsGuard, an organization working to implement a system of internet censorship.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/johnbattelle/info
- ↑ http://allthingsd.com/20111004/federated-media-buys-lijit-networks/
- ↑ http://fortune.com/2014/01/28/exclusive-federated-media-sells-off-direct-sales-biz/
- ↑ http://battellemedia.com/about-joh
- ↑ https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/john-heilemanns-new-venture-is-betting-people-want-more-political-video
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here