| IQVIA |
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc., is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technology and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services. It has a network of more than 58,000 employees in more than 100 countries. As of 2019, IQVIA was reported to be one of the world's largest contract research organisations.
In 1982, Dennis Gillings founded and incorporated Quintiles Transnational in North Carolina. Quintiles Transnational established Quintiles Pacific Inc. and Quintiles Ireland Ltd in 1990. In 1991 Quintiles GmbH was established in Germany and Quintiles Laboratories Ltd was established in Atlanta, Georgia. In September 1996, Quintiles purchased Innovex Ltd of Britain for $747.5 million in stock. Quintiles went public in 1997 and completed a successful secondary stock offering.
Over the course of 2016, concluding on October 3, Quintiles underwent a $17.6 billion merger with IMS Health, becoming QuintilesIMS. As a result of the merger, the OneKey worldwide healthcare professionals database developed by Cegedim Relationship Management became part of QuintilesIMS.
In November 2017, the company adopted the new name of IQVIA, and changed its ticker symbol on the NYSE from Q to IQV.
How do I take part?
1. Call IQVIA on 0800 085 6807. If you are unable to use the telephone, you can email email@example.com
2. Call to register onto the study and a home appointment at your convenience will be confirmed in the next seven days.
3. A study worker will arrive at your home to complete the study.
The information you give us is protected by law and is treated as confidential.
How long will it take?
The first appointment will take 15 to 30 minutes per person.
What happens next?
If you are interested, we would like everyone in the household to repeat this study over either a month or 12 months – but you do not have to do this if you don't want to. If you are interested, this will involve:
- A visit once a week from a study worker to collect a nose and throat swab. This will happen for 4 weeks in a row, so 5 visits in total.
- A visit once a month after this for 12 months in a row to collect a nose and throat swab.
- As a thank you, anyone in your household who takes part will receive a voucher for each visit (£50 for the first visit, £25 for each further visit).
Thank you for your time.
Reaction on Twitter
One of many comments on Twitter:
"Gotta increase the numbers of 'cases' somehow. Otherwise how can they justify drastic measures of control when hospitals are empty and no-one is sick?"
- "QuintilesIMS is now IQVIA"
- "QuintilesIMS now IQVIA as it aims to 'outpace the inevitable progress of change'"
- "Money, Math and Medicine"
- "Quintiles Pacific, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek"
- "Quintiles Laboratories Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek"
- "Quintiles Transnational Corp"
- "Quintiles IPO raises more-than-planned $947 million as stocks rally"
- "Quintiles, IMS Health complete merger"
- "Just heard they are now literally bribing people to have the test"
- "Gotta increase the numbers of 'cases' somehow"