| Ben Warner |
|Alma mater||Oxford University, University College London|
On 26 April 2020, Carole Cadwalladr tweeted:
"Ben Warner: 2 years ago he was doing physics postdoc. Now he’s a ‘data scientist’ advising govt & sitting on SAGE. His brother, Marc - who worked with Cummings on Vote Leave - won £250m NHS contract when Cummings entered Downing Street. And now the contract for NHS tracking app."
Ben Warner is brother of Marc Warner. He gained his Master’s Degree in Physics at Oxford University (2005-2009) and a PhD from University College London (2009-2014) with a thesis on single molecule spintronics that was awarded the Marshall Stoneham prize.
Ben Warner was a post-doctoral research fellow in quantum physics at the Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London. Warner left to join Faculty (previously ASI Data Science), a company founded by his brother Marc Warner in 2014, where he is now Commercial Principal.
Ben Warner was a "key figure" in the computer model used by Vote Leave's successful 2016 EU Referendum campaign. He was brought in by Dominic Cummings to run the UK Conservative Party's private UK/2019 General Election computer model, which predicted that the Tories would win 364 seats (they won 365).
|Document:Why the NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app failed||Article||19 June 2020||Matt Burgess||On 18 June 2020, Matt Hancock announced that the planned centralised NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app, which has been trialled on the Isle of Wight and downloaded by tens of thousands of people, has been ditched in favour of a decentralised system developed by Google and Apple.|
- "Who's who on secret scientific group advising UK government?"
- "Ben Warner: 2 years ago he was doing physics postdoc. Now he’s a ‘data scientist’ advising govt & sitting on SAGE"
- "Rocket Reach: Ben Warner's Email"
- "Hirjibehedin What's New"
- "Dr Ben Warner - Linkedin profile"
- "Dr Ben Warner, Commercial Principal, ASI Data Science"
- "Revealed: Cummings is on secret scientific advisory group for Covid-19"
- "Leave campaign’s data geek joins No 10"
- "POLITICO Sunday Crunch, presented by BP: Whitehall shake-up — No to EU alignment — Labour war"