|Born||10 November 1983|
|Alma mater||University of Turku|
|Member of||WEF/Young Global Leaders/2019|
Finnish Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance
Annika Virpi Irene Saarikko is a Finnish politician and minister. On 5 September 2020, she was elected as the leader of the Finnish Centre Party.
She was selected a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2019.
Early life and education
Saarikko was born in Oripää, Finland. She has a bachelor's degree in educational science and a master's degree in philosophy (majoring in media studies) from the University of Turku.
From July 2009 to January 2010, Saarikko worked as a press assistant to Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen, from February to May 2010 as a special assistant to Minister for Social Affairs and Health Liisa Hyssälä and from May to June 2010 as a special assistant to his successor Juha Rehula.
On 14 June 2010, Saarikko was elected to the vice chair of the Centre Party. She was elected to the Parliament of Finland in 2011 Finnish parliamentary election.
From 10 July 2017 to 6 June 2019 Saarikko was the minister of family affairs and social services. On 6 June 2019, she was appointed as minister of science and culture. Saarikko took maternity leave on 9 August 2019, and the position was filled by Hanna Kosonen until Saarikko reassumed her post in August 2020. She became Deputy Prime Minister, traditionally held by the leader of the second largest party in the government coalition, in September 2020.
In May 2021 Saarikko became Minister of Finance.
- ↑ https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/saarikko_beats_kulmuni_in_centre_party_leadership_vote/11529556
- ↑ http://valtioneuvosto.fi/tietoa/historiaa/hallitukset-ja-ministerit/raportti/-/r/m2/1044
- ↑ http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Mari+Kiviniemi+chosen+as+new+Centre+Party+leader+and+prospective+PM+/1135257525490
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20111120202816/http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/artikkeli/1135265527017
- ↑ http://stm.fi/en/article/-/asset_publisher/annika-saarikko-as-minister-of-family-affairs-and-social-services-in-sipila-s-government
- ↑ https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/artikkeli/-/asset_publisher/10616/hanna-kosonen-tiede-ja-kulttuuriministeriksi
- ↑ https://demokraatti.fi/saarikko-kuvaa-olevansa-uudenlainen-valtiovarainministeri-nosti-mediatilaisuudessa-esiin-asian-johon-on-kertakaikkiaan-turhautunut
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here