|Date||5 September 2012|
|Location||Near, Chevaline, Haute-Savoie, France|
|Description||A mysterious shooting which was generally avoided by the corporate media.|
The Annecy shootings, also the French Alps shootings or the Chevaline killings, refers to the shootings on 5 September 2012 of a British family and a French citizen on the Route Forestière Domaniale de la Combe d'Ire near Chevaline, Haute-Savoie, near the southern end of Lake Annecy.
Some of the commercially-controlled media reported Sylvain Mollier as a "passing cyclist". Zaid al-Hilli was arrested on suspicion of murder in June 2013 but was told in January 2014 he would face no further action.
The first person shot was Sylvain Mollier, 45, who was shot seven times. Next were an Iraqi-born UK tourist named Saad al-Hilli, 50, his wife Iqbal al-Hilli, 47, her mother Suhaila al-Allaf, 74, who held a Swedish passport. All three were shot in the head in a "professional style" killing.
Craig Murray notes that his blog quickly became an internet forum for discussion of the topic, after it became clear that comments questioning the official narrative were being removed from commercially-controlled media websites such as the Guardian. Murray's own comment was:
- "Sylvain Mollier, the ‘passing’ cyclist, was in fact a nuclear metallurgist who worked for a French nuclear company called Cezus (a subsidiary of Areva). Cezus fabricates and processes zirconium into metal and nuclear grade zircoalloy for nuclear fuel assemblies – it also has other applications in aerospace such as components and ceramics for missiles and satellites. Mr Al-Hilli was also a skilled aerospace engineer, on what looks to be his first camping holiday.
- What is the probability that two highly skilled engineers managed be at the same remote place, at the same time, yet still managed to end up dead as a result of what looks to be a military style assassination?
- As someone else pointed out in The Independent comments, the deceased were found by a ‘retired’ RAF officer who, we assume, will receive perpetual anonymity as a witness. If the police are looking for a motive, try an intercepted rendezvous by a security service fixated on denying a hostile power illicit nuclear technology.
- The Huffington Post UK reports that this wasn’t the family’s first trip to the camp site. An earlier report had asked other camp site visitors whether they had seen the family before and they had replied they hadn’t. If this isn’t wasn’t the first visit by Al-Hilli, it might slightly increase the odds that he knew or had met Mollier before, this being the last in a series of rendezvous of a transactional nature. Mollier lived and worked locally.
- Again, I’m not sure of the truth of these reports, there is some very sloppy journalism, as there is always seems to be. I’ve read for example Mollier’s company Cevus descirbed as a steel firm something which it is patently not, but perhaps it may have been a detail lost in translation."
French police report puzzlement that the weapon used in the shooting was a 7.65mm Lugar PO6 handgun, issued to the Swiss army and police in the 1920s and 1930s. The commercially-controlled media report that this "would appear to rule out a professional killing".
The Guardian reported on 8 July 2014 that "the wife of British Iraqi-born engineer Saad al-Hilli, who was murdered with his family in the French Alps, had a "secret" American husband who died of a heart attack on the same day as the deadly attack, it emerged on Tuesday". The former husband, known only as 'James T', reportedly died on September 5 2012 in Natchez, Mississippi. The official cause of death was a heart attack. The man, a dentist, was identified as James Thompson by the UK Sun, which reported that the FBI were treating the case as murder.
|Constitutes||Shooting +, Shootings +, Murder + and Mid-level deep event? +|
|Description||A mysterious shooting which was generally avoided by the corporate media. +|
|Display date||5 September 2012 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Annecy shootings.jpg +|
|End||September 5, 2012 +|
|Has eventType||Shooting +|
|Has fullPageName||Annecy shootings +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Annecy_shootings +|
|Has image2||File:Annecy shootings.jpg +|
|Has location||Near +, Chevaline +, Haute-Savoie + and France +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Event +|
|Has objectClass2||Event +|
|Has perpetrator||Annecy shootings/Perpetrators +|
|Has revisionSize||5,443 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annecy shootings +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annecy_shootings +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Start||September 5, 2012 +|