Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||Leonard David "Len" McCluskey|
23 July 1950
English trade unionist
Len McCluskey (born 23 July 1950) is an English trade unionist who has been the general secretary of Unite the Union since 2011.
Unite is one of ten unions backing Jeremy Corbyn in the Labour Party leadership election. The others are ASLEF, BFAWU, CWU, FBU, POA, RMT, TSSA, UCATT and UNISON. Owen Smith is supported by four unions: Community, GMB, the Musicians’ Union and Usdaw.
On 3 July 2016, Len McCluskey told the BBC's Andrew Marr:
- "Corbyn is a man of steel and he's made it clear that he will not resign. This has been a political lynching of a decent man – the coup has failed."
|Document:Labour councillor demands refund from party after leaked report exposed sabotage of Corbyn||Article||16 April 2020||Lamiat Sabin||Sarah-Jane McDonough's demand for a refund came after Unite General Secretary Len McCluskey claimed that attempts by the "Senior Management Team" to sabotage Labour’s chances in the UK/2017 General Election could have broken electoral law.|
|Document:Progress MP joins Unite's unwaged section for GenSec vote||blog post||7 April 2017||Joining Unite in order to participate in the General Secretary ballot is legitimate and some are known to have done so to support Len McCluskey. However, making a false declaration in order to do so ‘on the cheap’ is certainly not legitimate and such applications need to be rooted out and their votes invalidated.|
- ↑ http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-life/liverpool-lifestyle/2009/12/18/ian-hernon-speaks-to-union-leader-and-ex-liverpool-docker-len-mccluskey-100252-25418593/
- ↑ http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/11/22/len-mccluskey-voted-new-leader-of-unite-union-100252-27689899/
- ↑ "UPDATE: Unite responds to Len coup plot"
- ↑ "Len McCluskey on the Andrew Marr show"