Welcome to Wikispooks!
We're glad you came. There's lots to do.
The Community portal is probably the best place to start for new users. To add a Wikispooks search facility to your browser, go here. If you've got a topic you're itching to write about, just dive in. If you're not sure where to start, you can introduce yourself by editing either this page or your user page. Robin (talk) 14:19, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hi UKpeacelibertyfreedom,
- Welcome! More experienced users (like myself) will be helping you as you go, so don't be intimidated by the more advanced editing functions.Terje (talk) 13:26, 28 May 2021 (UTC)---
- Hi UKpeacelibertyfreedom,
- Your edits are greatly appreciated and adds to the project. Just be aware that getting your articles on the front page of Wikispooks can be a bit of a random effort ☺. The front page updates following its own frustratingly slow algorithm that only updates a few times during a week, at seemingly random intervals.
Thanks for your recent solid efforts on the encyclopedia that is Wikispooks. We could really use some help with https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Category:Stubs, specifically, reducing the number of stub articles. Please consider making those pages a priority. --Jun (talk) 12:05, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
UKpeacelibertyfreedom and Jun, I've been following your work. In my opinion, don't stress to much about destubbing pages just for the sake of destubbing. Your new additions - I especially like your many additions of independent media & journalists - are much better. Terje (talk) 06:02, 12 July 2021 (UTC)---
- Hi, that's cool. I was only trying to help out, so thank you for your message. I went looking through the stub list, I added things to the articles that I knew at least something about. I was actually wondering what the standard is for destubbing. Is it an opening paragraph, a few sentences, references etc? Thanks! :) UKpeacelibertyfreedom (talk)
- I don't think there is a particular standard as long as they are presentable, but it is nice if they have some 'deep' contents or focus.
- Good question with the unsatisfactory answer that different editors have different standards:-) I would consider a lede, description and a few sentences as a minimum, but possibly less for pages with a lot of machine-cross-referenced content. Links to other pages of interest -- whether on this site or elsewhere -- are good, since this prevents readers from reaching a dead end. I concentrate on |description, since this field may appear on lots of other pages, but any simple metadata such as date/location for events, nationality/dates for people, are good, since this creates two way links, allows automatic listing of the page from elsewhere on the site. -- Robin (talk) 14:07, 14 July 2021 (UTC)