| Robert Spencer |
|Born||27 February 1962|
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Member of||American Congress for Truth, International Free Press Society|
Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch, a project of the David Horowitz Freedom Center He is also the co-author with ultra-Zionist Pamela Geller of a book in which they allege that US President Barack Obama, whom he has suggested may be a Muslim, is waging a 'war on America.' In a joint video message, Geller has referred to Obama as 'the anti-Semite in the White House' who will bring about a 'second Holocaust', a view which Spencer affirms. Yet, despite Spencer's extreme views, he was recently invited to explain Islam to the Tidewater Joint Terrorism Task Force, one of the law enforcement and intelligence coalitions established and after 9/11. In 2009, the American Library Association had to cancel an event on Islam after all panelists withdrew after finding out that Spencer was also included without their being informed. He is also a supporter of the EDL.
In April 2009, Spencer was invited to speak in Cologne by Pro Köln. Following criticism by blogger Charles Johnson, Spencer said "I have not confirmed that I will be attending, and am looking into the group and the people involved".
On Barack Obama
In a book co-authored with Pamela Geller, Spencer has argued that Obama is waging a 'war on America.' But in a joint video message Spencer and Geller accused Obama of more heinous crimes:
- Pamela Geller: 'It is not enough to fetishize the dead Jews that were murdered in WWII...[we must] make sure that it doesn't happen again. Because a second holocaust is coming. Six million Jews are in the Jewish homeland of Israel. It is now up to you and me to stop — well — the anti-Semite in the White House, and his useful idiots in the Congress.'
- Robert Spencer: 'That's right'.
- Jihad Watch - Director
- Freedom Defense Initiative
- David Horowitz Freedom Center
- Investigative Project on Terrorism - Contributing writer
- Free Congress Foundation - Former adjunct fellow
- CounterJihad Europa
- American Freedom Alliance - Fellow
- International Free Press Society - Board of Advisors
- International Civil Liberties Alliance
- Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA) - jointly established with Pamela Geller
Resources, Contacts, Notes
- Address: #7213 7 Colby Ct Bedford NEW HAMPSHIRE 03110.
- Eli Clifton, CPAC’s Third Rail, Lobelog.com, 19 February 2010
Events Participated in
|CounterJihad/Brussels Conference||18 October 2007||19 October 2007|
|Identity Crisis: Can European civilization survive conference||13 March 2008||14 March 2008||Italy|
European University of Rome
- Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, accessed 6 January 2009.
- Video of interview with Spencer available at: Robert Spencer Watch: “Obama May be a Mooslim”, Loonwatch.com, 11 May 2010
- Robert Dreyfuss, Anti-Muslim Bigot and Fanatic Explains Islam to the FBI and the Tidewater Joint Terrorism Task Force, The Nation, July 2010
- Ahmed Rehab, The Islam-Basher and the Librarian Kerfuffle, Huffington Post, 14 July 2009
- Robert Spencer, Hamas-linked CAIR defames me again, again using libelblogger Charles Johnson's Little Green Footballs talking points, Jihad Watch, 24 April 2009.
- Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller Robert Spencer, SIOA Stands With Israel Rally NYC, International Civil Liberties Alliance, 25 April 2010
- According to SOIA's registration application submitted on 21 February 2010 to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (Serial Number: 77940881)