Port Arthur Massacre
|Location||Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia|
|Blamed on||Martin Bryant|
|Type||• mass shooting|
• gun control shooting
• mass murder
|Description||A mass shooting incident in and around Port Arthur Tasmania on 28 April 1996|
The Port Arthur massacre in 1996 was a mass shooting in which 35 people were killed and 23 wounded in Port Arthur, Tasmania. Martin Bryant, pleaded guilty and was given 35 life sentences without possibility of parole. Fundamental changes of gun control laws within Australia followed the incident. In 2016 footage of his interrogation was released for Australian television, substantiating the official narrative about the event.
The Port Arthur massacre of 28-29 April 1996 was a killing spree which claimed the lives of 35 people and wounded 37 others mainly at the historic Port Arthur prison colony, a popular tourist site in south-eastern Tasmania, Australia. The attack was perpetrated by "lone nut" Martin Bryant, a 28-year-old from New Town, a suburb of Hobart, who (in spite of having an IQ of only 66) displayed considerable shooting skills, killing 12 people in 15 seconds. After initially denying responsibility, Bryant pleaded guilty to the crimes and was given 35 life sentences without possibility of parole.
Right after the event and ever since concerns about the official narrative have been raised.
Joe Vialls claimed early on that the Mossad did it, but that it was covered up by the Australian government. While this theory was the most popular originally, following the introduction of gun control, the gun control narrative became the most popular narrative, especially amongst US viewers of this event, who note the same gun control theories about various events in USA.
Australian "domestic terrorists"
Some[Who?] have claimed that this may have been done by "domestic terrorists" aiming to control tourist traffic to Australia, and in particular trying to prevent foreign tour guides (especially Japanese) from taking jobs away from Australians. Unlike the above two theories, this is in line with previous government policies, and is supported by the gunman's statement, immediately prior to the attack :"There are a lot of WASPS, not a lot of Japs".
Australian Security Intelligence Organisation
Gun lobbyists including the NRA had blamed the Australian government of organising it, through the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, in order to push forward the gun control that won the John Howard Government the election a couple of years later. The massacre was followed by "a nationwide overhaul of gun regulation, as well as the buyback of more than 650,000 firearms."
“We need to achieve a total prohibition on the ownership, possession, sale and importation of all automatic and semi-automatic weapons. That will be the essence of the proposal that will be put by the Commonwealth government at the meeting on Friday...”
John Howard 
The laws to give effect to the Agreement were passed by Australian State governments only 12 days after the Port Arthur massacre.
- collection of articles at Hiddenmysteries
- WASP - The Port Arthur Massacre Movie - Indiegogo campaign for a documentary about the massacre
- Wikileaks - Martin Bryant complete interview
- Article from the SydWalker Blog
The Official Culprit
|Martin Bryant||The official "lone nut" perpetrator of the Port Arthur Massacre, with an IQ of just 66.|
- MASS KILLER INTERVIEW: Martin Bryant, the Port Arthur shooter killed 35 people | 7NEWS Spotlight
- Aftermath of horror death toll climbs to 35 New York Daily News 30 April 1996
- https://criminalminds.fandom.com/wiki/Martin_Bryant saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/heres-a-list-of-the-craziest-port-arthur-conspiracy-theories/news-story/195ca7e4f1cd6d02349534b57915871a The Australian
- http://www.whale.to/b/viallspam.html saved at Archive.org
- https://www.news.com.au/national/crime/life-of-bryant-killers-bizarre-existence-before-he-murdered-35-in-port-arthur-massacre/news-story/7d0f846e758877f801d23ff34064a9bc saved at Archive.org