Adrian Russell Elms|
25 December 1964
Dartford, Kent, UK
22 March 2017 (Age 52)|
Westminster, London, UK
• Criminal damage|
• knife possession
• grievous bodily harm
• public order offences
|Supposed perpetrator of||2017 Westminster attack|
Khalid Masood drove a rented SUV across the crowded Westminster Bridge on Wednesday 22 March 2017, striking a number of pedestrians. Then he jumped out and attacked police officer Keith Palmer, who was outside Parliament, fatally stabbing him before being shot dead by police. In all, he killed four people in 83 seconds, and left more than two dozen hospitalised, including some with what have been described as catastrophic injuries. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, referring to him as "a soldier", but did not name him or provide evidence of a link.
Theresa May claimed “was British born and ... some years ago he was once investigated by MI5 in relation to concerns about violent extremism,” News reports indicate that he was known to have a number of aliases, including Khalid Choudry, and was considered a "peripheral figure" by MI5 and that he was a known associate of radical individuals in Birmingham.
Masood reportedly had a number of prior criminal convictions, the earliest for criminal damage in 1983, when he was 19. He also had convictions relating to assaults, which included grievous bodily harm, and other public order offences. In 2000, when Masood was 35, he was imprisoned for 2 years for slashing the face of a local business owner, following an argument in a pub in Northiam. The victim required 20 stitches. Three years after that incident, in 2003, he was accused of stabbing a man in the nose, and sentenced to six months for possession of a knife. He served prison sentences in Lewes Prison in East Sussex, Wayland Prison in Norfolk and Ford Open Prison in West Sussex.
Many sources report that UK police believe that Masood had acted alone. However, News.com.au notes that "armed police stormed an address in Birmingham in an early morning raid in connection to the London attack. Other raids were also conducted in London. Seven people were arrested in connection to the terror attack."
Teaching in Saudi Arabia
A Saudi Embassy statement released late on Friday 24 March said that Khalid Masood taught English in Saudi Arabia from November 2005 to November 2006 and again from April 2008 to April 2009. The embassy said that he had a work visa. It said he returned for six days in March 2015 on a trip booked through an approved travel agent and that he wasn’t tracked by the country’s security services and had no criminal record there.
- "Name: Elms Adrian R, Mother's maiden name: Elms, Registration district: Dartford, Volume/page nbr.: 5B/795". "FreeBMD" transcription of England and Wales registrations of births and deaths index 1837-1983. ONS. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "A 'nice guy' turned extremist: Who is British parliament attacker Khalid Masood". The Hindustan Times. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- CNNWire (23 March 2017). "London attack: 8 arrests as police probe attacker’s links". ABC. wgno.com. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Craw, Victoria. "Khalid Masood named by London police as man behind terror attack". news.com.au. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Jones, Sam; Wright, Robert (23 March 2017). "Financial Times". Financial Times. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Mendick, Robert; Allen, Emily. "Everything we know about Khalid Masood, the London attacker". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Griffin, Andrew. "Khalid Masood: London attacker was known to MI5 but had no terror convictions". The Independent. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- "Knife attacker jailed". The Argus. 1 November 2000. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Dearden, Lizzie (24 March 2017). "Khalid Masood: Met Police release new picture of London attacker". The Independent. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Hardy, Jack (24 March 2017). "All the aliases used by the Westminster attacker". The Independent. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Saudi Embassy Confirms UK Attacker had been in Saudi Arabia"
|Born on||December 25, 1964 +|
|Died on||March 22, 2017 +|
|Display born on||25 December 1964 +|
|Display died on||22 March 2017 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Khalid_Masood.jpg +|
|Display lifespan||25 December 1964 - 22 March 2017 +|
|Has bilderbergCount||0 +|
|Has birthPlace||Dartford +, Kent + and UK +|
|Has cercleCount||0 +|
|Has criminalConviction||Criminal damage +, Knife possession +, Assaults +, Grievous bodily harm + and Public order offences +|
|Has deathPlace||Westminster +, London + and UK +|
|Has fullPageName||Khalid Masood +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Khalid_Masood +|
|Has image2||File:Khalid_Masood.jpg +|
|Has nationality||UK +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has revisionSize||6,411 +|
|Has revisionUser||Robin +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid Masood +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Masood +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|ON constitutes||"Lone nut" +|