|Born||Kezia Alexandra Ross Dugdale|
28 August 1981
|Alma mater||Aberdeen University, Edinburgh University|
|Party||Scottish Labour, Labour Co-operative|
Kezia Dugdale (born 28 August 1981) is a Scottish politician who was Leader of the Scottish Labour Party from 15 August 2015 until her resignation on 29 August 2017. Dugdale explained why she resigned in an article in The Spectator.
- “Jeremy can unite the Labour Party, but he needs to want to unite it. That means he needs to work with both the party across the country and MPs to provide an effective opposition to the Tories. It will be a difficult task for Jeremy, but not an impossible one.”
- “It seems to imply that Jeremy doesn't want to unite the party, but throughout the campaign he has done nothing but call for unity. It's a ridiculous statement to make."
- “Most people in Britain have not heard of her [Dugdale] and frankly what she said is wrong after Jeremy won a convincing leadership election twice in a year. She should get behind Jeremy and stop whining."
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell added:
- “Kezia needs to listen to the speech that Jeremy gave after the result of the election was announced. Jeremy made it extremely clear that he wants to unite the party and this was well received by delegates. Kezia can play a role in bringing the party together and help us work closely in taking on the Tories and the SNP. Jeremy badly wants this unity. Kezia will fully understand that when she and Jeremy talk in the days and weeks ahead."
Labour' elections chair Jon Trickett said:
- "It's the job of all of us to get behind the leader and on reflection she might feel that she was not as full-hearted as she could have been for the leader."
- “It’s going to be difficult for Kez to unite the Scottish Labour party if that’s her attitude.
- "Kezia Dugdale quits as Scottish Labour leader". BBC News. 29 August 2017.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Kezia Dugdale: Why I have quit as leader of the Scottish Labour Party"
- "Kezia Dugdale faces revolt after chaotic flip-flop on Jeremy Corbyn"
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|