| Victoria Spartz |
Representative Victoria Spartz
6 October 1978
|Alma mater||Kiev National Economic University, Indiana University|
Ukraine-born member of the US Congress
Victoria Spartz is a Ukrainian-born American politician and businesswoman who is the U.S. representative for Indiana's 5th congressional district. Spartz is the first Ukrainian-born female member of Congress and the first member born in a former Soviet republic.
Spartz represented the 20th district in the Indiana Senate from 2017 to 2020.
Spartz was elected to congress in 2020, succeeding Susan Brooks in Indiana's 5th district.
She voted for the Repeal of the 2002 AUMF.
She called the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine a "genocide". In April 2022, she visited Ukraine twice with a congressional delegation.
In July 2022, Spartz criticized Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy, accusing him of "playing politics and theatre" and not governing seriously. She also criticised Andrii Yermak.
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/ukraine-born-rep-victoria-spartz-rips-biden-volodymyr-zelensky/
- ↑ https://www.businessinsider.com/ukrainian-american-rep-victoria-spartz-emotional-plea-russia-war-2022-3?r=US&IR=T
- ↑ https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/01/walberg-visits-ukraine-says-can-win-war/9572063002/
- ↑ https://spartz.house.gov/media/press-releases/spartz-presidents-biden-and-zelensky-need-stop-playing-politics-peoples-lives
- ↑ https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/05/politics/victoria-spartz-ukraine-republican-reaction/index.html