| Shai Masot |
(spook, diplomat, deep state operative)
A screenshot and subtitle from the Al Jazeera footage.
|Born||14 November 1985|
Shai Masot is a spy who worked for the Israeli embassy in London as well as Israel's Ministry of Strategic Affairs (a controversial ministry tasked with countering the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement) before resigning in January 2017.
Shai Masot served in the Israeli navy for eight years rising to the rank of Major. He gained a Masters degree in International Relations, and then worked for the Defence Ministry in Israel for two years before moving to the embassy in London.
Shai Masot was a senior political officer at the Israeli Embassy in London in January 2017.
On 12 January 2017, a spokesman for the Ministry for Stategic Affairs told the Middle East Eye:
- "Masot resigned three days ago and I want to emphasise that Masot will not have any contact with the Ministry for Strategic Affairs in the near future."
- "We consider that this scandal is now done and behind us."
Corbyn demands official inquiry
- "Such improper interference in this country's democratic process is unacceptable, whichever country is involved.
- "Members of Parliament must have the freedom to hold and express a view, without fear that they could be subject to attempts to discredit them by diplomatic or other representatives of another state."
- "This is clearly a national security issue. I would therefore ask that you treat the matter as such and launch an inquiry into the extent of this improper interference.
- "It is only on that basis that Parliament and the public will be reassured that such activities will not be tolerated by your government."
|Document:The Incredible Disappearance of Shai Masot||blog post||2 June 2019||Craig Murray||The open attempt to stifle all criticism of Israel, and in effect to make adherence to zionism a pre-condition for membership of the Labour Party – or indeed acceptance in wider society – is a vicious form of authoritarianism that should have been repudiated robustly from day one.|
|Document:What is UK Lawyers for Israel’s relationship to the Israeli government||Article||12 March 2019||Hilary Aked||Israeli diplomat Shai Masot – who worked for the anti-BDS Israeli Ministry of Strategic Affairs in London – was recorded in Al Jazeera’s 2017 undercover documentary The Lobby saying of groups such as UKLFI: "It’s good to leave those organisations independent. But we help them, actually."|
- "Facebook post by Jewish Voice for Labour"
- "Shai Masot, the Israeli Machiavelli caught in the act"
- Al Jazeera Investigative Unit, "UK MPs urge probe into Israeli plot against politicians", Al Jazeera, 9 January 2017.
- "Disgraced diplomat Shai Masot resigns from Israeli foreign ministry"
- "Israeli embassy scandal: Jeremy Corbyn demands official inquiry"