|Date||1949 - 1970|
|Type||• Covert warfare|
• Proxy war
|Interests|| • Ukraine|
|Description||Program to provide funding and equipment for anti-Soviet resistance groups in Ukraine|
Project AERODYNAMIC was a covert program to provide funding and equipment for such anti-Soviet Ukrainian resistance groups as the Ukrainian Supreme Liberation Council (UHVR); its affiliates, the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) and Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA).
The purpose of Project AERODYNAMIC is to provide for the exploitation and expansion of the Anti-Soviet Ukrainian resistance movement for cold war and hot war purposes. Such groups as the Ukrainian Supreme Council of Liberation (UHVR), its military adjunct, the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA), the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN), all in the Ukraine, the Foreign Representation of the Supreme Council of Liberation (ZPUHVR) in Western Europe and the United States, and other Ukrainian organizations such as the Foreign Sections of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (ZchOUN), etc., will be utilized.
In January 2021, Yahoo reported, without naming a specific project, that "going back decades, the CIA has provided limited training to Ukrainian intelligence units to try and shore up an independent Kyiv and prevent Russian subversion.
|Ukrainian death squad||Ukrainian death squads, like all units of similar kind trained by the United States, carry out extrajudicial killings and torture.|
- https://www.voltairenet.org/article189895.html saved at Archive.is
- https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/01/08/cia-undermining-and-nazifying-ukraine-since-1953/ saved at Archive.is
- https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/AERODYNAMIC%20%20%20VOL.%201_0113.pdf saved at Archive.org
- https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/AERODYNAMIC%20%20%20VOL.%201_0118.pdf saved at Archive.org
- https://www.foiaresearch.net/project/aerodynamic saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- CIA-trained Ukrainian paramilitaries may take central role if Russia invades