| Chris Martenson |
|Born||15 September 1962|
|Alma mater||Duke University, Cornell University|
Christopher Hamlin Martenson is an economic researcher, writer and trend forecaster interested in macro trends regarding the economy, energy composition and environment. In 2008 he released YouTube videos he called The Crash Course divided into 19 short video chapters of problems in the nonsustainability of our economy, energy and environment. He is the cofounder of PeakProsperity.com.
Martenson holds a PhD degree in pathology from Duke University in 1994 and an MBA degree from Cornell University in 1998. He followed a post-doctoral program at Duke University, where he specialized in neurotoxicology. Martenson is a fellow of the Post Carbon Institute.
Views on the economy
In his writings and in interviews with various media outlets, Martenson regularly warns his audience of economic crises. In 2010, he predicted a new era of stagflation, in which monetary inflation outpaces economic growth, or even simultaneous stagflation and deflation. In 2012, Martenson warned of a liquidity crisis. He has recommended that consumers take steps to prepare themselves for "peak oil", after which he asserts that recovery of petroleum resources will decline. According to Martenson, large changes related to economic, energy, and environmental factors will occur in the near future (2015-2020).Martenson has been predicting a stock market collapse each year since 2010 even though the market has soared higher. 
He has cautioned:
The big story is this: The world has physical limits that we are already encountering, but our economy operates as if no physical limits exist. Our economy requires growth. I don’t mean growth is required as if its written in a legal document somewhere, but is required in the sense that our economy only functions well when its growing. With growth, jobs are created and debts are serviced. Without growth, jobs, opportunities, and the ability to repay past debts simply and mysteriously disappear, causing economic pain and confusion.
A Document by Chris Martenson
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Murder And Mayhem In The Middle East||article||30 November 2015||2011 Attacks on Libya|
2011 Syrian Insurgency
|An effective resumé of the modus-operandi of Anglo-US-NATO in its drive towards de-facto global dominance using the 2011 Libyan and subsequent Syrian interventions as telling examples.|
- Fed Holds the Line Michelle A. Samaad, Credit Union Times, June 26, 2013.
- "Chris Martenson". postcarbon.org. 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- About Chris Martenson- website peakprosperity.com
- Chris Martenson: The U.S. Economy Is 'Dangerously Close' To Experiencing Stagflation Huffington Post, August 9, 2010.
- Chris Martenson: Here Comes Inflation AND Deflation Joe Weisenthal, Business Insider, August 9, 2010.
- Things Could Get Ugly If U.S. Treasury Bonds Keep Rising ETF Daily News, June 24, 2013.
- Interview With Chris Martenson: "Prepare For peak Oil While There Is Time" Alexander Ac, CounterCurrents, November 16, 2010.
- Interview with Chris Martenson Rob Hopkins, Transition Culture, June 08, 2010.
- Martenson, Chris (2011). The Crash Course; The Unsustainable Future of our Economy, Energy, and the Environment. John Wiley and Sons. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-470-92764-9.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").