Thor Gjermund Eriksen
| Thor Gjermund Eriksen |
(media executive, editor)
|Born||2 October 1966)|
|Alma mater||Norwegian Defence University College|
Director General of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation
Thor Gjermund Eriksen (born is a Norwegian journalist and editor who has been Director-General of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation since 12 March 2013. He took a leadership course (including training in pandemic press management) at the Norwegian Defence University College in 2020, before the COVID-19 lockdowns and other measures were introduced.
Born in Oslo, he was hired as a journalist in Dagbladet in 1995, and later became chief editor from 2003 to 2006. After leaving, he was hired in A-pressen where he was CEO from 2010 until January 2013. He is also chairman of the board of Nettavisen and was a board member in TV 2 until December 2012.
He has had a political career in the Socialist Left Party and the Labour Party. He was a member of the central board of their youth wing Socialist Youth, worked as a personal advisor for then-party leader Erik Solheim and worked as secretary for Raymond Johansen when the latter was Oslo city commissioner for transport and the environment. He terminated his membership in the Labour Party when he was appointed director-General of NRK.
He was appointed Director-General of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation on 11 December 2012 and started in the position on 12 March 2013.
- ↑ http://www.dn.no/forsiden/etterBors/article2284082.ece
- ↑ http://www.journalisten.no/story/56077
- ↑ Ny styreleder i TV 2". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). 15 May 2009. p. 52.
- ↑ http://e24.no/media/ekspert-burde-hatt-karantene/20311200
- ↑ Arve Henriksen: Thor Gjermund Eriksen blir den 11. kringkastingssjefen Aftenposten, 11 December 2012
- ↑ http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.10591468
- ↑ Nina Berglund: New NRK boss gets down to work Views and News from Norway, 12 March 2012