| Stephen Phillips |
|Born||Stephen James Phillips|
9 March 1970
Chiswick, London, England
|Alma mater||Oriel College (Oxford)|
Stephen Phillips QC (born 9 March 1970) is a British Conservative Party politician, barrister and part-time Crown Court judge who represented the constituency of Sleaford and North Hykeham as its Member of Parliament (MP) until 4 November 2016, when he announced that he was standing down with immediate effect, because of irreconcilable policy differences with Theresa May's government.
Although he voted for Brexit in the June 2016 EU Referendum, Phillips accused PM Theresa May of "tyranny", claiming she has “no authority or mandate to adopt a negotiating position without reference to the wishes of the House of Commons and those of the British people expressed through their elected representatives”:
- “I did not vote Leave to see one tyranny that failed to consult this House, in the form of the European Commission, replaced by another in the form of a Government who fail to listen to what this House thinks about their negotiating position."
- "Tory MP Stephen Phillips resigns". BBC News. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Khomami, Nadia; Weaver, Matthew (4 November 2016). "Tory MP resigns over government approach to Brexit". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Who is Stephen Phillips? The MP who earns £750k a year on top of his salary"
- "First three candidates come forward for Sleaford and North Hykeham by-election"
|Born on||March 9, 1970 +|
|Constitutes||Politician + and Barrister +|
|Display born on||9 March 1970 +|
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:Stephen_Phillips.jpg +|
|Display lifespan||Born 9 March 1970 +|
|Has almaMater||Oriel College (Oxford) +|
|Has bilderbergCount||0 +|
|Has birthPlace||Chiswick +, London + and England +|
|Has cercleCount||0 +|
|Has fullPageName||Stephen Phillips +|
|Has fullPageNamee||Stephen_Phillips +|
|Has image2||File:Stephen_Phillips.jpg +|
|Has nationality||British +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Person +|
|Has objectClass2||Person +|
|Has posting||Member of Parliament for Sleaford and North Hykeham +|
|Has powerbase||http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Stephen Phillips +|
|Has revisionSize||2,599 +|
|Has revisionUser||MaintenanceBot +|
|Has spouse||Fiona +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen Phillips (politician) +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Phillips_(politician) +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Has subobject||Stephen Phillips +|