|Sir Hossein Yassaie|
|Alma mater||University of Birmingham|
Education and early life
Yassaie came to Britain in 1976 from Iran and became a United Kingdom national in 1984. He studied Electronics and Communications at the University of Birmingham gaining a first class honours Bachelor of Science degree in 1979. He stayed at Birmingham to complete a Doctor of Philosophy degree on the application of Charge-coupled devices (CCDs) to Sonar.
Yassaie then spent eight years working at STMicroelectronics and Inmos. He joined Imagination Technologies in 1992, becoming its CEO in June 1998 focusing the business on advanced technology development using the semiconductor intellectual property business model and created the brand Pure.
Awards and honours
Hossein received a knighthood in the 2013 New Year Honours in recognition of his services to technology and innovation.
He was awarded the honorary degree of DUniv by the University of Birmingham in 2013.
In September 2016 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
|Document:The Dreamings of Dominic Cummings||Article||24 October 2019||James Meek||For Dominic Cummings the whole Brexit crisis may be a venturesome trial with disposable vessels: voters, the Conservative Party, the United Kingdom. If it doesn’t work out, there’s always California, and the rest of the solar system.|
- "Imagination Technologies PLC Board of Directors"
- "Application of charge-coupled devices to within-pulse sector scanning sonars"
- "Honorary Graduates"
- "Hossein Yassaie: Meet the man with the big Imagination"
- "Outstanding Alumni"
- "Sir Hossein Yassaie PhD"
- "Imagination boss Hossein Yassaie wages war on Britain's lack of ambition"
- "Pure radio up for sale as Imagination Technologies' boss departs"
- "The New Year Honours Lists 2013"
- "Academy elects top engineers as Fellows at its 40th anniversary AGM"