report by Desmond de Silva, Geoffrey Nice, David Crane dated 2014/01/20
|A text-book example of the how and why of demonising one's enemies. A widely reported shock-horror document is 'leaked' just prior to a conference, the outcome of which is regarded as crucial to Western global policy interests.
Subjects: 2011 Syrian Insurgency Example of: Propaganda Source: The Guardian
A guide to the circumstances surrounding this document
It is a quintessentially British Establishment document. Commissioned by a British Spook-beholden, reactionary Gulf State Monarchy with a dreadful human-rights record; organised by top-shelf, top-price, London law firm Messrs Carter Ruck - notorious for its expertise in the use of UK libel laws on behalf of the mega-wealthy and the defense of suspected 'al-Qaeda' terrorists; and written by establishment individuals who played a precisely analogous role in the stitch-up that triggered the NATO bombing of the former Yugoslavia.
- A group of lawyers produce a "confidential" report on human rights violations in Syria.
- Their report is based on a single anonymous source.
- This anonymous source claims to have been employed by the Syrian government to photograph dead bodies.
- The authors of the report find their secret source "credible and truthful" and his account "most compelling".
- The report is "leaked" to major news outlets in the UK and USA just ahead of a conference whose main sticking point is whether the Anglo-Zionist Empire will allow Syrian President Assad to stay in power.
- Nobody in the corporate media questions this sequence of events - so wearily familiar to those who study the modus-operandi and manufactured casus-belli of Western interference in the Middle East.
- Sensationalised reports of the its contents are given prominent coverage in both the US and UK media the before the Geneva 2 conference is due to convene in Montreux, Switzerland.  
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is the only senior non-Syrian diplomat due to attend the conference who says that the report must be carefully investigated before it is believed. The rest either take it as gospel or remain silent.
★ Start a Discussion about this document
A Report into the credibility of certain evidence with regard to Torture and Execution of Persons Incarcerated by the current Syrian regime
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:33, 23 January 2014|| (1.1 MB)||Peter (talk | contribs)||Category:Doc [http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2014/01/22/syri-j22.html WS website Commentary] Source: [http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2014/jan/20/torture-of-persons-under-current-syrian-regime-report The Guardian]|
The following page uses this file: