| Eftichios Vassilakis |
|Alma mater||Yale University, Columbia Business School|
Greek businessman. In 2021, made large agreement for building of utility-scale solar panel plants to transform Greek power market. Attended Bilderberg/2023, where one of the themes was Energy transition.
Eftichios Vassilakis is the Chairman of Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air, and Autohellas S.A., engaged in the car, light truck and equipment rental and car import, distribution and sales.
He is both a member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board of the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV).
He attended the 2023 Bilderberg meeting, where one of the themes was "Energy transition".
In 2021, Masdar, an United Arab Emirates renewable energy company, and Taaleri Energia, which invests in utility-scale wind and solar assets, have agreed to develop a 65-megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) project in Greece.
According to Greece’s National Energy and Climate Plan (NECP), the country aims to produce 35 percent of its energy from windmills, solar panels and hydro power by 2030. The plan also targets production of over 60 percent of the country’s electricity consumption through these methods by the same year, doubling its share. The project is Masdar’s first investment in the Greek market and will be developed alongside local partners, the Constantakopoulos family and Autohellas S.A.
"Autohellas is honored to be making its first investment in the renewable energy sector alongside reputable, international and local partners with significant expertise in developing solar photovoltaic projects," said Eftichios Vassilakis, Chief Executive Officer of Autohellas S.A, at the announcement.
In 2022, Aegean Airlines introduced a Digital ID, where the check of the ticket and identification information is done in a single document. The new service allows the immediate digital identification of passenger details upon boarding. To achieve user authentication and passenger information verification, AEGEAN's Digital ID is interconnected with the Gov.gr wallet mobile phone application and "meets all security and encryption standards based on specifications, for online transactions". The design and implementation the ID was carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of Digital Governance.
He is the son of the founder of Aegean Airlines, Theodoros Vassilakis.
Event Participated in
|Bilderberg/2023||18 May 2023||21 May 2023||Pestana Palace Hotel|
|The 69th Bilderberg Meeting, held in Lisbon, with 128 guests on the official list. The earliest in the year since 2009.|
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/markets/companies/AUTr.AT/
- ↑ https://www.lamdadev.com/en/the-company/corporate-governance/board-of-directors/5160-eftichios-vassilakis.html
- ↑ https://en.about.aegeanair.com/-/media/aboutaegean/ir/ir_syneleuseis/2021/bod_cv_en_new.pdf
- ↑ https://www.sev.org.gr/Uploads/Documents/48671/VasilakisENGcv_2014.pdf
- ↑ a b c https://www.zawya.com/en/press-release/masdar-makes-first-investment-in-greece-by-developing-solar-plant-with-taaleri-energia-yksiir9y
- ↑ https://www.dealnews.gr/leaders-prosopa/1050045/eftychis-vasilakis-pos-apogeionei-to-orama-tou-gia-mia-pagkosmia-yperdynami-aegean/
- ↑ https://www.newsbreak.gr/lifestyle/341139/sta-cheria-amerikanoy-kroisoy-i-vila-toy-makariti-mr-aegean-sti-mykono/