Document:Simon Bracey – Lane Role Trajectory and Targets
★ Start a Discussion about this document
Simon Bracey – Lane Role Trajectory and Targets
Step 1: finish my bloody MA.
Step 2: get a hair cut.
- Personal area of expertise:
o Understanding of American politics, from President to Local Party.
o Shaping public opinion and movement building.
o Network development.
o Political instincts.
Where you fit within the team, What you personally, as an element within the team, and also the team as a whole, will seek to achieve, i.e. outcomes, impact, effect? How this might be measured? What activities you would engage in to accomplish this, i.e. outputs, events, reports, tweets, meetings etc.
- <1000 web sign ups.
- Entirely connected to political world, either domestically or internationally.
- Between clusters.
- Between II and press.
- Between II and wider outreach.
- Campaigning Website development.
- Archival Website development.
- 06/2018 = 1,000
- 08/2018 = 1,500
- 10/2018 = 2,000
- Include sign – up feature in other major circulations, and vice versa.
- Full integrate a campaign software into use.
- Press/MP/HMG briefing.
- 12/2018 = 4,000
- 02/2019 = 8,000
- 05/2019 = 10,000
- Creation of Pdf downloadable report that details all work produced by the II.
- MP Briefing package on legacy of interference and predicted direction.
- Allow sign ups to elect what material they receive by topic.
- Donation function.
o Event & Trip logistics:
- Lithuanian Cluster meeting.
- National Endowment for Democracy event in Bosnia (17th-19th May)
- 2BS Event in Montenegro. (21st –23rd May)
- Cluster meeting in Serbia. (TBD Mid June)
- Cluster meeting in Greece. (TBD Mid June)
- USA Cluster Meeting: (Late Nov.)
- Canadian Cluster Meeting: (Sept. 2018)
o Large role in developing Cluster networks in:
- Current goals:
o Meeting with MN Sec. State to discuss II.
o Meeting with UofM Academics.
o Meeting with Col. MN National Guard.
- Near-Future goals:
o Paper on electoral security ahead of Nov. Mid terms, including suggestions and recommendations.
- Far-Future goals:
o Assemble meeting of Sec. States/Governors/local legislative officials we can muster to discuss threats to States faced by malign interference.
o Forge relationships with local legislative staff, to advise and update them on ever changing face of interference.
o Handling development of content.
o Website upload & distribution.
- Near Future:
o Develop trends, larger studies, instead of individual articles.
o Bring authors to London to host discussions.
o Country review, with suggestions and recommendations.
- Near Future:
o Interactive list of Russian influencers.
o Connections between influence and Orthodoxy
o Republic of Skrpsa focused paper.
o Support civil society strengthening initiatives in BiH/Serbia/MT
o Commission country review from newly formed MT Institute.
- Your understanding of what is needed to map, understand, expose and teach, prevent and counter Russian malign influence and disinformation:
o To strengthen our relationship with the general public. To foster societal response, resisting interference on its own, and help projects such as ours identify attempts to undermine us.
- Public engagement campaigns in the US, outside of DC, post Nov. Mid terms.
- Engagement with local legislative officials on this topic.
- What might prevent us from achieving our aims?:
o Similarities in other projects.
o Lack of clear messaging, are we IFS or are we II.
- How might we cope with these?:
o Retain our uniqueness.
o Ensure flexibility.
o Clear messaging.