| Boris Berezovsky |
(Businessman, mathematician, government official)
Berezovsky, front, with business partner Neil Bush at a news conference in Riga
Boris Abramovich Berezovsky|
23 January 1946
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
23 March 2013 (Age 67)|
Sunninghill, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Cause of death
|Religion||Eastern Orthodox Church|
|Victim of||premature death|
A Russian billionaire oligarch who fell out with Vladimir Putin. Found dead in 2013 - the corner returned an open verdict.
Boris Berezovsky made his fortune in Russia in the 1990s when the country went through privatization of state property He profited from gaining control over various assets, including the country's main television channel, Channel One. In 1997 Forbes magazine estimated Berezovsky's wealth at US$3 billion. He was called "the most prominent and colourful of the so-called oligarchs"
Opinions on 9/99
Berezovsky was found dead at his home, Titness Park, at Sunninghill, near Ascot in Berkshire, UK on 23 March 2013. His body was found by a bodyguard in a locked bathroom, with a ligature around his neck. According to British police, a post-mortem exam found that his death was consistent with hanging and that there were no signs of a violent struggle. On 26 March 2014 the BBC announced that the coroner had recorded an open verdict.
|Chabad Lubavitch||book extract||2002||Eduard Hodos||Suppressed information about the Jewish Chabad Lubavitch|
|Putin the Good Goy||book extract||2002||Eduard Hodos||Information and informed speculation about Vladimir Putin and his Jewish supporters during his rise to the Russian Presidency|
- I am plotting a new Russian revolution" The Guardian. 13 April 2007
- "Boris Abramovich Berezovsky" Profile on Globalsecurity.org
- Mark Townsend and Simon Goodley (23 March 2013). "Boris Berezovsky found dead". The Guardian. London.
- "Boris Berezovsky 'found with ligature around his neck'". BBC News. 28 March 2013.
- Sawer, Patrick; Parfitt, Tom (31 March 2013). "Boris Berezovsky: 'My friend Boris would not have taken his own life' - Telegraph". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "Berezovsky death consistent with hanging: police". Reuters. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2013.