Various ideas are under consideration for the development of Wikispooks, though the core software (Mediawiki & Semantic Mediawiki) is fixed. For bug reporting, see Wikispooks:Site_Status.
A UX plan could be helpful.
Wikispooks may expand its use of these both for clarity of reading URLs and to facilitate the upgrade of future software.
- Allows programmatic detection of the correct form for creation of new pages
- Allows more precise modification and updates through namespace-specific filtering e.g. Special:ReplaceText
- Assists in disambiguation between similarly named pages of different types
- Doesn't follow the Wikipedia Standard
- Longer, less flexible pagenames
New Extensions of Interest
The following Mediawiki extensions are under consideration for use on Wikispooks. If you have any comments or relevant experience with them, please contribute it on the talk page.
- Disambiguator - not needed as yet, but looks useful, or can we duplicate this functionality from SMW?
- Extension:Semantic Forms Inputs - Wider choice of input methods
- Extension:External Data - To start exploring the options of processing machine readable data from other sites
The Wikispooks code base has (or may have) some extensions installed which have been obsoleted by other software modifications. These may be removed in time to facilitate stability and speed of the codebase
- Google Custom Search Engine - No longer maintained, probably obsolete
- Extension:DynamicPageList (third-party) - Was used to create the Main page, but may be strictly inferior to SMW
- https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:Main_Page - List of Mediawiki extensions in use on over 10000 MediaWikis, sorted by popularity
These are tentative and pending the involvement of sufficiently skilled editors.
A formal ontology may be useful in helping other websites use the semantic data compiled here.