United Socialist Party of Venezuela
|United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV)|
The United Socialist Party of Venezuela (Partido Socialista Unido de Venezuela, PSUV) is a socialist political party in Venezuela which resulted from the fusion of some of the political and social forces that support the Bolivarian Revolution led by the late President Hugo Chávez who died in 2013. The PSUV had approximately 7.6 million members by 2014 when Nicolás Maduro had succeeded Chávez as President. PSUV held primary elections on 2 May 2010 for candidates to the National Assembly election in September 2010, with 2,568,090 members voting.
At the 2015 parliamentary election, PSUV lost its majority in the National Assembly for the first time since the unicameral legislature's creation in 2000 against the Democratic Unity Roundtable, gaining 55 out of the National Assembly's 167 seats.
In the 30 July 2017 National Constitutional Assembly elections, Venezuela's National Electoral Council announced that more than eight million people had voted to grant President Maduro's ruling PSUV virtually unlimited powers with 545 NCA members elected. The opposition disputed that 8.1 million (41.5%) had cast their votes.
On 17 October 2017, President Maduro confirmed that the ruling United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) won 18 of 23 governorships during elections on Sunday. Maduro said the PSUV had obtained 64 percent of the national vote, an almost one-million-vote difference from the opposition, winning 18 seats. The opposition won five governorships:
- "That’s democracy: you win and you lose," Maduro said during a press conference with international media. "And when we lose, we recognise it. And when we win, we govern with the people."
- Bloomberg, 11 October 2007, "Venezuela May Lower Voting Age, Add Gay Rights in Constitution"
- Cifras de primarias del PSUV superan en 29% consulta interna de la derecha venezolana"
- "Venezuela Opposition Won Majority of National Assembly Seats". Bloomberg. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Maduro hails Constituent Assembly election victory"
- "Exclusive: Venezuelan vote data casts doubt on turnout at Sunday poll"
- "The Proof is Here: Venezuela's Maduro Debunks Election Fraud Claims"
|Display docType||Wikispooks Page +|
|Display image||File:PSUV.jpg +|
|Has founder||Hugo Chávez +|
|Has fullPageName||United Socialist Party of Venezuela +|
|Has fullPageNamee||United_Socialist_Party_of_Venezuela +|
|Has headquarters||Mariperez + and Caracas +|
|Has image2||File:PSUV.jpg +|
|Has noRatings||0 +|
|Has objectClass||Group +|
|Has objectClass2||Group +|
|Has revisionSize||3,386 +|
|Has revisionUser||Patrick Haseldine +|
|Has wikipediaPage||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United Socialist Party of Venezuela +|
|Has wikipediaPage2||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Socialist_Party_of_Venezuela +|
|Is not stub||true +|
|Source credit||Wikipedia +|