Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Leslie Turnberg |
According to an online biography of Leslie Turnberg, Lord Turnberg:
- Lord Turnberg has wide experience in the medical and health services fields (research, clinical practice, administration and management). He has published four books and some 150 articles on medical and scientific research. He has Honorary Fellowships of sixteen UK and overseas Colleges and Academies and has held a large number of prestigious positions, including Professor of Medicine University of Manchester from 1973 to 1997 and President of the Royal College of Physicians from 1992 to 1997. His present appointments include: President of the Medical Protection Society; Chairman of the Board of the Public Health Laboratory Service; President of the Medical Council on Alcoholism; Scientific Adviser to the Association of Medical Research Charities; Trustee of the Wolfson Foundation; Vice President of the Academy of Medical Sciences; and, most recently, Chair of the UK Forum for Genetics and Insurance. He has received a number of research awards and medals, was honoured with a knighthood in 1994 and created a life peer earlier this year.
From the Register of Lords' Interests (2006):
Regular remunerated employment
- Scientific Advisor, Association of Medical Research Charities
Membership of public bodies
- Patron, Royal Free Cancer Research Trust
- Trustee, DIPEX
- Trustee, Foulkes Foundation
- Trustee, Wolfson Foundation
- Trustee, Hadassah UK
... more about "Leslie Turnberg"