| George Clooney |
Amal and George Clooney
|Born||May 6, 1961|
|Alma mater||Northern Kentucky University|
|Spouse|| • Talia Balsam|
• Amal Clooney
|Member of||Council on Foreign Relations/Members|
|Interests|| • Sudan|
|Party||Democratic Party (United States)|
George Timothy Clooney is an American actor, film director, producer and screenwriter. Having played suave, handsome intelligence operatives in numerous movies, he also helped the US effort to topple the government in Sudan and dismantle the country through humanitarian interventions. His wife, Amal Clooney, is a celebrity human rights lawyer often presenting select cases that are aligned with Western foreign policy objectives.
In 2005, Clooney became the public face for humanitarian intervention in Sudan. At the time, the country was on the US list of "7 countries to be taken in 5 years" to be destroyed. In Sudan's case, this happened with support to secessionist movements and the eventual creation of South Sudan as an independent country.
In April of 2006, Clooney and his father traveled to Darfur for the first time, and a subsequent documentary A Journey to Darfur was released. In 2008, it was released on DVD with the sale proceeds being donated to the intelligence front the International Rescue Committee.
Thus began not only Clooney’s help in crafting the UN’s “Responsibility to Protect” doctrine but in “freeing” South Sudan — and its oil and other resources—from “oppression”. 2006 is also the first documented appearance of Clooney and Barack Obama (before he became president) together at a Dafur rally in Chicago.
In 2011 Clooney campaigned for support for the independence referendum in South Sudan. Clooney conceived of and, with John Prendergast – human rights activist, co-founder of the Enough Project, and Strategic Advisor for Not on Our Watch Project – initiated the Satellite Sentinel Project (SSP), after an October 2010 trip to South Sudan. Both Enough Project and Not on Our Watch are two major projects of Soros’s Center for American Progress.
The satellite program aims to monitor armed activity for signs of renewed civil war between Sudan and South Sudan, and to detect and deter mass atrocities along the border regions there. Soros was also a shareholder in DigitalGlobal, the company Clooney uses to maintain his satellite project.
In November 2021, Clooney "made it very clear he is fully behind mandatory COVID-19 vaccines in every walk of life." Clooney didn't see the issue as something which is open for discussion. I think every company should do it"..."All the people who want to talk about their independence or their freedom, the minute your freedom infringes on everyone else's can put a stop to it."
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20080315035228/http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1315091.php/George_Clooneys_Sudan_help
- ↑ https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Wesley_Clark
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090113181149/http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Americanlife-Tv-838350.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20151015045232/https://rednationrising.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/clooney-and-soros-a-tale-of-two-georges/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20150504082616/http://www.gurufocus.com/news/66288/george-soros-buys-petroleo-brasileiro-sapetrobras-autozone-inc-interoil-corp-sells-arch-coal-inc-public-service-enterprise-group-ppl-corp
- ↑ https://www.newsweek.com/george-clooney-interview-mandatory-covid-vaccines-1637506