| Colin Allred |
(football player, politician)
|Born||April 15, 1983|
|Alma mater||Baylor University, UC Berkeley School of Law|
|Member of||WEF/Young Global Leaders/2022|
American politician, lawyer, and former professional football player. As of September 2021, Allred had voted in line with Joe Biden's stated position 100% of the time.
Colin Zachary Allred is an American politician, lawyer, and former professional football player. A member of the Democratic Party, he is the U.S. representative from Texas's 32nd district, which includes the northeastern corner of Dallas.
Allred is a lawyer and former linebacker who played for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He left football to pursue a degree in law, receiving his J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, followed by positions in both the Obama administration and the U.S. Attorney's office.
He was selected a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2022.
In November 2018, Allred was elected co-president of the 116th Congressional Freshman Class, alongside fellow Obama administration alumna Haley Stevens of Michigan.
On December 18, 2019, Allred voted for both articles of impeachment against President Donald J. Trump. He also voted to impeach Trump in January 2021 during his second impeachment.
As of September 2021, Allred had voted in line with Joe Biden's stated position 100% of the time.
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2013/07/12/full-list-of-white-house-summer-interns-for-2013/
- ↑ https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/10/21/before-discovering-politics-former-nfl-player-colin-allred-find
- ↑ https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/11/28/colin-allred-elected-freshman-class-co-president-new-democrats-congress
- ↑ https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-impeachment-vote-results-house-2019-
- ↑ https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/trump-second-impeachment-vote-count-house-results-list/
- ↑ https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-congress-votes/colin-allred/website=FiveThirtyEight