| Sir Christopher Nugee |
|Born||Christopher George Nugee|
23 January 1959
|Alma mater||Corpus Christi College (Oxford)|
Sir Christopher Nugee (born 23 January 1959), officially styled The Honourable Mr Justice Nugee, is a Judge of the High Court of England and Wales.
The second son of Edward Nugee TD QC, he was educated at Radley College before going to Corpus Christi College, Oxford, graduating as Bachelor of Arts (BA) and was a recipient of the Eldon Scholarship. He later pursued legal studies at City University (London) (Dip Law).
He was called to the Bar at Inner Temple in 1983 and appointed QC in 1998 before becoming a Bencher of the Inns of Court in 2003.
Nugee has been a Justice of the High Court of England and Wales (Chancery Division) since 2013, and was appointed Knight Bachelor in the 2014 Special Honours.
In 1991, Nugee married Labour Party politician Emily Thornberry. They have three children, and live in Islington, in the north London constituency which his wife represents as Member of Parliament.
He is the brother of John Nugee, Andrew Nugee, and Lieutenant General Richard Nugee CBE (British Army).
- ↑ "Senior judiciary"
- ↑ "Biographical note"
- ↑ "Eldon Scholarship Award Holders since 1919"
- ↑ 'DOVE, Ian William', Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014
- ↑ "Debrett's People of Today"
- ↑ "Christopher Nugee QC Appointment – Justice of the High Court – Wilberforce Chambers"
- ↑ "Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood"
- ↑ "Testing times for Emily Thornberry MP, after falling out with Ed Miliband over tweeting a picture of the white van man during last week’s by-election"
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here