|Membership||• Amanda Rishworth|
• Mark Furner
• Catryna Bilyk
• Nicholas Champion
• Geoffrey Lyons
• Peter Hartcher
• Gerard Henderson
|A junket "fact-finding trip" to Israel for a large number of selected Australian journalists, politicians, political advisers, government officials, trade union officials, student leaders, and academics.|
The Australia/Israel & Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC) arranges a large number of junkets "fact-finding trips" to Israel for selected journalists, politicians, political advisers, government officials, trade union officials, student leaders, and academics through its Rambam Israel Fellowship Program There are a number of associated programs doing very similar things, not all of them arranged by AIJAC, for example the Australia Israel Leadership Forum, the NSW Jewish Board of Deputies Journalists Mission, Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce and etc. For practical reasons, these programs are listed here under the heading Rambam Programs.
The participants are sent from several programs.
Following a meeting with Palestinian Media Watch, Senator Bilyk said that as a mother, a politician and an early childhood educator she was deeply concerned by the brainwashing of Palestinian children by the Palestinian media and the tendency to treat Israelis as dispensible and disposable. Senator Bilyk said that the concept of brainwashing children 'planted seeds of war' and was 'child abuse'."
Australia/Israel Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC)
- Amanda Rishworth, Labor, Kingston
- Mark Furner, Labor, QLD senator
- Catryna Bilyk, Labor, Tasmanian senator
- Nicholas Champion, Labor, Wakefield
- Geoffrey Lyons, Labor, Bass
Australia Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Peter Hartcher, international editor, Sydney Morning Herald
1 of the 7 of the members already have pages here:
- Reich, Chanan (2004). "Inside AIJAC - An Australian Jewish Lobby Group". In Levey, Geoffrey; Mendes, Philip (eds.). Jews and Australian Politics. Brighton: Sussex Academic Press. pp. 198–214. ISBN 1-903900-72-7.
- Pollies' Israel adventure, The Australian Jewish News, October 21, 2011) quoted in https://middleeastrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2011/10/class-of-2011.html