- I agree this pages crosses a line of credibility to most potential readers. It is one thing to present evidence of culpability for murder - labelled accordingly - and quite another to state it as fact. Intelligent readers are quite capable of drawing their own conclusions from properly marshaled evidence. Also, whilst there clearly IS evidence of Apartheid Regime culpability - or worse - in both the Palme murder and Lockerbie, use of categories to link them in this way is confusing and potentially off-putting. Far better to use Semantic properties which, although SMW is installed on WS, have hardly been used at all yet. --Peter P (talk) 08:00, 21 October 2013 (IST)
- My point is actually independent of who killed Palme and why - unless the information presented on this page is directly related to Lockerbie, we're better off not having this in the Lockerbie category, since most site readers will choose a page from the category and expect content to be clearly and directly related to the category name. I agree on the problem of overfilling of categories - with too many pages in them, they become useless, as I mentioned in Category_talk:Lockerbie. Robin (talk) 08:51, 21 October 2013 (IST)
- And I agree it. I have made changes to the page. I am still uncomfortable with having the references to Williamson in the page intro because it tends to detract from the achievements of the man and who he really was. Nevertheless I think it is an improvement.
- Also - per the below SMW stuff; I'll define a few properties on this page ('Is alleged Lone nut gunman', 'Has alleged SA Apartheid connection' - that sort of thing to use as an illustration in the 'village pump page' - May have to wait of a few days though because I've got 60+ new DPF users to set up. --Peter P (talk) 09:48, 21 October 2013 (IST)
Peter, SMW categories sound interesting. If you know this stuff, a short demo/intro could be good. Have we got a 'village pump' style page for such discussions? Robin (talk) 08:51, 21 October 2013 (IST)
- I'm deeply into them right now - trying to get the 'Semantic Results timeline format' into shape - you will have noticed all the DPF stuff by now. It is clear from my inquiries around the issues, that the SMW JS and php code is a mess with no one currently maintaining it. I still think it worth pursuing though because it has such obvious uses elsewhere - David Kelly, 7/7, 9/11, Gareth Williams etc etc. With the facility to easily add/edit timeline events, it is a potential magnet for competent researchers. Semantic properties themselves are a vast improvement over complex category trees. I need to get a few more properties defined and inserted into various pages before putting up a demo/illustration/help page. --Peter P (talk) 09:48, 21 October 2013 (IST)
The Reagan Method seems to not get linked here, though "Olof Palme" is a subject there. Much time in between by now, last edit: 25 April 2020 on "The Reagan Method". -- Sunvalley (talk) 17:26, 14 May 2021 (UTC)