Improving this page
This page could do with improvement by someone familiar with this affair. It contains a (deprecated) "See Also" section - it is preferable to include references to these people/events in the text. Some of the links don't even have a page. Plenty of work to be done, especially if new evidence is still emerging, as the Document:Maggie's Guilty Secret would seem to indicate. -- Robin (talk) 12:24, 8 March 2016 (GMT)
As a general rule, if a document already exists on the WS server then it is prefereable to link other pages to it rather than re-link to the external source. Less server load; less bandwidth and keeps things in-house so-to-speak. This probably needs putting somewhere in the help system too. (Prompted by Document:Maggie's Guilty Secret) --Peter P (talk) 07:49, 9 March 2016 (GMT)
- Fully agree with that "general rule", Peter P. However, in the particular case of Document:Maggie's Guilty Secret, there are two problems that I pointed out to Robin, yesterday:
- The spelling in the document title is incorrect; and
- The document itself is not linked to its external source "Maggie’s guilty secret" by John Hughes-Wilson.
- Until those deficiencies are corrected, I suggest we should directly reference to the external source by John Hughes-Wilson.--Patrick Haseldine (talk) 10:51, 9 March 2016 (GMT)
- Thanks Patrick. I've added a link to the local pdf but left the lobster link as was because it links to the Lobster edition which contains it showing the full edition index with the article quite prominent. That edition also has other relevant articles which will probably be useful to anyone browsing the subject generally. Not a strict reference I know, but I doubt Robin Ramsay would have a problem with it. Also. I've done a redirect from a correctly capitalised new page. --Peter P (talk) 11:22, 9 March 2016 (GMT)