|Date||August 21, 1992 - August 31, 1992|
On about August 24, 1992, the fourth day of the siege on the Weaver family, FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson wrote a memo, which is part of the record of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary:
Something to Consider
1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.
2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.
3. Vicki has no charges against her.
4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog. Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position.
20 Years Ago Today, The Govt Murdered Some “Domestic Terrorists”
Ruby Ridge, Idaho - World Heritage Encyclopedia
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE REPORT: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION OF SHOOTINGS AT RUBY RIDGE / archived
- Ruby Ridge: Report of the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Government Information of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 1996. DIANE Publishing Company