| Ken Follett |
|Born||Kenneth Martin Follett|
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||University College London|
|Children|| • Adam Broer|
• Emanuele Follett
• Marie-Claire Follett
• Jann Turner
• Kim Turner
Ken Follett (born 5 June 1949) is a Welsh author of thrillers and historical novels who has sold more than 150 million copies of his works.
Many of his books have reached number 1 on the New York Times Best Seller list, including Edge of Eternity, Fall of Giants, The Key to Rebecca, Lie Down with Lions, Triple, Winter of the World, and World Without End.
He won admission in 1967 to University College London, where he studied philosophy and became involved in centre-left politics.
Ken Follett became involved, during the late 1970s, in the activities of Britain's Labour Party. In the course of his political activities, he met the former Barbara Broer, a Labour Party official who, as Barbara Follett, became his second wife in 1984. She was elected as a Member of Parliament in 1997, representing Stevenage. She was re-elected in both 2001 and in 2005, but did not run in the 2010 general election. Follett himself remains a prominent Labour supporter and fundraiser as well as a prominent Blairite. In 2010, he was the largest donor to Ed Balls' campaign to become Leader of the Labour Party, saying:
- "Ed Balls is the only Labour leadership candidate who offers a path to economic growth; his time at the Treasury, with low borrowing and high growth, shows he is the true candidate of the centre in this leadership election.
- "Ken Follett - Master Storyteller and Best-Selling Author".Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Ken Follett".Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text"). New York Times List of Number One Best Sellers
- "MP Follett to repay largest sum". BBC News. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-22.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Ken Follett interview: Unwelcome truths of master of fiction"
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|