Anglican Friends of Israel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Anglican Friends of Israel|
- To resist the call for a boycott of Israel.
- To support the people of Israel and to secure defensible borders for the State of Israel.
- To promote bonds of fellowship and interfaith understanding between Anglicans and the Jewish people.
- To recall the Church to God’s Covenant with the Jewish people and to call the Church to affirm the centrality of Israel to the Jewish faith.
- To call Anglicans to repentance for the wrongs-of both word and deed- inflicted by Christians on the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.
- To fight all libels against Israel and the Jewish people and their State.
- To promote reconciliation and ties of friendship between the people of Israel and the righteous Arabs who oppose "terrorism" and wish to have peaceful relations with Israel.
- To protect the Christian communities threatened by Islamic extremism in the Middle East.
- To bring the Church back to an understanding of the Jewish roots of our faith.
- Simon McIlwaine – Co-Director
- Mark Rogers – Co-Director
- Fran Waddams – Membership Director
- Huw Shooter – Campaign Director
- Irene Lancaster, Interfaith Advisor and Academic Liaison Officer, Medieval and Renaissance Center, Haifa University, Israel
- Charles Tannock, MEP – European Parliamentary Advisor and Liaison
- Revd Lisa Battye BNurs RM Dip Couns MA MTh
- Rev Michael Cohen
- Prof. Dennis Hale
- Revd Mark K. Madeley
- David Marsland, University of Buckingham
- Rev Peter Mullen, Rector of St Michael's Cornhill, and Chaplain to the Stock Exchange
- Rev Martyn Perry
- Father Jesse Smith
- Our Aims, AFI website, Accessed: 19 May 2008.
... more about "Anglican Friends of Israel"