Looks like Alkurdi is her maiden name and Hallem her married name - she is apparently married to a Dr Steven Hallem. Studying Homs population demographics suggests her family is probably Sunni, Unlikely to be Shia or Syrian Orthodox Christian in view of how they have been treated by the rebels. --Peter P (talk) 19:26, 1 September 2013 (IST)
Check the dates/audio details
I think there's an inversion of dates/audio details here and since this is key to whole story, to the editing of the BBC report, it needs checking. First she said "maybe napalm, something similar..." and later it was edited to "chemical weapon..."
- Well spotted, Frank, I've just compared to Craig Murray's account and it does seem that the texts were the wrong way round. Now fixed. Robin (talk) 04:33, 29 February 2016 (GMT)
Need to incorporate info from these url's
- http://knightayton.co.uk/female-presenters/saleyha-ahsan - This is about a colleague of hers in HIHFS - trained at Sandhurst Military Academy no less.
- http://www.opendemocracy.net/opensecurity/saleyha-ahsan/medicine-as-weapon-of-war-in-syria Open Democracy article by Saleyha Ahsan with info about Dr Rola --Peter P (talk) 19:52, 1 September 2013 (IST)
Anonymous uploaded information
'Mainly to Robin whose work on this page is a model of Wiki presentation: This file File:Anon-Dr Rola Page.pdfwas uploaded on 15 November using the anonymous upload facility - Thanks to the uploader - It contains mainly observations and judgements about the timings of events and their appearance on the BBC plus some forensic input into the construction and content of the videos themselves. Nothing in it takes issue with the main thrust of the page contents. My initial observations are:
- Sect 2.2 The picture on the page is a screen-grab from the Newsnight prog. I actually watched the prog and from memory it to was on 29th, but I may be wrong.
- Sect 2.3 That section rightly refers to the Politics shown on Saturday morning where Dianne Abbott and Dr Rola were the two Studio guests.