| Sociopathy |
(personality disorder, character disturbance)
|Interest of||Robert Hare|
|Sociopaths are either run-of-the-mill narcissists turned malignant - or successful, i.e conniving psychopaths hiding their core traits from public view|
Sociopaths are character disordered people who have learned to express their psychopathic traits in a non-arrestable way, i.e
- "white color" Wallstreet type criminals
- sexual predators and pedophiles who take precautions not to be caught
- abuse of infants, children, elderly or disabled by caretakers
- some cult and religious leaders
- abuse by proxy (letting others do the dirty work for them)
In the forensic literature the term is used to describe moderately to highly psychopathic (22-30 points PCL-R) individuals who have learned - for selfish reasons - to channel their extreme grandiosity and aggression in socially "acceptable" ways.
Yet another pathway to psychopathic behaviours which become deeply ingrained is beeing trained to accept sado-masochistic pleasures  , deception and betrayal, for example by programs for child soldiers, (psychopathic) parents or elite soldiers.   
|Sexual blackmail||A long established tactic used to exert covert control over specific individuals.|
|VIPaedophile||Allegations of pedophilia amongst the most senior positions in society are persistent in many countries, as is the pattern of official denial, losing documents, sudden deaths of researchers and failure to prosecute.|
|Psychopathy||“Even in the face of contrary evidence, the psychopath can lie so well that listeners doubt themselves first, rather than question the psychopath.”||Robert Hare|
|Psychopathy/Psychopathy and staged events||“It is only beneath the surface, well hidden from view, that darker tendencies lie.”||Robert Hare|
- Martin Wangh (1962) The “Evocation of a Proxy”, The Psychoanalytic Study of the Child, 17:1, 451-469
- see also: Kernberg, O. F. (1988), 'Clinical Dimensions of Masochism', J. Amer. Psychoanal. Assn. 36, 1005--1029.
- Boppel, P. (2003), 'Demütigung und Destruktivität. Folterer-und Spezialsoldatenausbildung in psychopolitischer Perspektive', Menschenrechte im interdisziplinären Dialog (S. 183-207). Bonn: ILD-Verlag. Avail on authors website. No English literature known on this deeply disturbing topic. En. title: Humiliation and destruction: psychopolitical aspects of torturers' and elite soldiers' training programs
- Boppel, P. (1999), 'Traumatisierungsvorgaenge bei der Foltererausbildung', Zeitschrift für Politische Psychologie 7, 19--28.
- The US admits having trained torturers in Latin America, but documentation lacks the details and insights found by Boppel. The torture procedures found in Guantanamo are documented by physicians without borders (local copy) and evidence that the US has a (secretive) training program for future torturers, who are recruited from elite soldiers, similar to the program described by Boppel.
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|